Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Travel Plans for this Year?

In Texas now visiting friends and tomorrow a short drive to family. It has been 3 years since we took a driving vacation and having a great time.

Anyway, mine is just traveling to our newly purchased farm. We go there for relaxation and bonding with the family.

Yppej
    I ran into a new word today - oblication, as in my vacation has now turned into an oblication.

Just got back from 10 days in South Korea. AMAZING!!! It's the 2nd time I've been fortunate to visit and I love it. Food, people, sites, sounds, smells.... just a wonderful trip that I am grateful to have had the opportunity to make.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Yppej
    I am toying with Maine for Columbus Day weekend but am worried the traffic will be horrendous on a holiday.

HS, sounds like you had a great time! I love to travel. YP, I have been to Maine once in the fall and it was beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardnr View Post
    New Mexico: fabulous. So many interesting little towns off the beaten path. Have a wonderful time exploring.
    Last fall we made a car trip to
    Mew Mexico. This was my least favorite vacation in a long time. Our destination was Las Cruces and we stayed a few nights there. Sure, it was somewhat interesting to see how the town had expanded since I lived there 35 years ago, but over all, it reminded me why I came back to the Midwest. I Dislike like the desert.

I may go to Santa Fe some day, have been there a few times I know it is gorgeous and interesting, but I am flying. This business of 2-3 days of driving out west is just ugh. What a bore. And I wont return to Las Cruces having been there and done that.

On the theme of “I hate desert land” i had been thinking about planning a trip to Morroco, but now, thinking of the desert, I am not so sure. I am now gravitating to Latvia and Estonia, etc—that region of Europe. I love European architecture and had such a fabulous time in Romania that I want to continue to explore the smaller Central Europeon countries.

I had tentative plans for a late October trip, but we now have a family member in hospice who isn't expected to live beyond year-end. So we're holding off making any reservations until we see how things work out with them.

We bought a pristine 2003 Minnie Winnie this past week. The universe handed us a deal we couldn't pass up. Hubby has been on cloud nine tinkering and learning about it. Can't wait to take some trips.

We get 9mg in our 27 ft motor home and RV sites are between 45/75/night. We found it cheaper to stay in budget motels with our car. Now if not traveling far from home it is the better deal. Shocked at how expensive RV sites are.

Thread Information