Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Travel Plans for this Year?

That sounds awful! I have a little jet lag when I travel overseas but nothing like that G. Ugh!

I've never had jet lag this bad before. I slept 5 hours last night and feel like a new person - but it was 5 really yucky days.

I don't know how flight attendants do it. I still don't know what day it is.

I think I would have taken a sleeping pill otc. That is way to long to be deprived of sleep. Hope you are staying long enough to make this worthwhile. We leave on our trip in 13 days. Very excited.

Mid Atlantic coast after 30 years in No CA
    We've been saving for an Italy trip for a few years. In Sept., we'll be going to the Italian Lakes for 3 weeks...traveling by train, bus and ferries....hope to do some hiking, bike riding, and eating a lot of local goodies...our accommodations will be in simple B & B's as much as possible -- we like the human connection. Not booked B & B's for most of the trip, but will be staying in a stone house built in Medieval times for one week...very psyched. This has been on the top of our bucket list for a long, long time. Hard to believe it's upcoming...
    peaceful, easy feeling

Hapyhiker, so exciting that you get to take this long awaited trip!

I get to go to Des Moines this year. Yeah, dont die of jealousy! Haha. Maybe also I will go to
    Hastings, MN later in the summer for family crap. The Des Moines gig is for flower show crap.

You will love Italy. We have been there twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    You will love Italy. We have been there twice.
    Indeed. Been to the Lakes (Como, Bellagio) only once and for nowhere near long enough, but I would love to go again.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

The food was excellent! Also much cheaper at places called Tractoreas instead of Restaurantes. I know I am spelling both wrong but one of those words will be on their sign. Food just as good in both but more expensive if you go with the second one. We always ate at small family owned ones.

Also much cheaper at places called Tractoreas instead of Restaurantes
    Trattoria perhaps?

Mid Atlantic coast after 30 years in No CA
    Grazie for your good wishes! Glad folks have enjoyed the area... Yes, we'll be seeking out small, neighborhood, casual eateries for sure. Those where the menu is not in English...we like simple and fresh, local food. Not huge eaters...some meals will be a baguette and salami, cheese, tomatoes, and a bottle of wine...but we plan to be adventurous and try foods we've never had before...I've read that pumpkin ravioli is a specialty of the area -- sounds good to me! And dishes with sorrel sauce...
    peaceful, easy feeling

Thread Information