Thread: Back from a little tripf all

Back from a little tripf all

We left last Friday. Flew to Dayton Ohio and had dinner with my wife’s relatives, then the next day we went to the Air Force museum. From there flew to Bloomington Indiana to pick up the grandson and visit with him while his parents took a trip of their own.

Original plans were to go to Detroit and visit the Henry ford museum, but due to thunderstorms we just drove to Indianapolis and visited some museums and other attractions there. We visited with the grandson from Sunday to Wednesday.

We left Bloomington Indiana and flew to Jonesboro Arkansas to have dinner with my aunt and visit with her for the night.

From there we went to Vicksburg Mississippi to visit the National military park. We stayed overnight and headed for home on Friday.

Total trip was 2500 miles, burned 190 gallons of fuel and was in the air a little over 15 hours. There were no ramp fees or overnight parking charges at any of the airports we stayed. We rented a Camry the first night, a very nice Buick for 4 days, and a Mercedes suv for the final two days. We didn’t want the Mercedes, but that’s all they had available and reduced the price $40 per day to compensate.

So a good trip and didn’t need my passport, which I’m still waiting on.

i don’t know what happened with the title and don’t know how to correct it.

You went to some great places--I would love to go to the Air Force Museum. Closest I have come is the Mighty Eighth Museum in Savannah, where my uncle left for England in WWII.

The Air Force museum is definatly worth a visit. I plan to return when I can spend more time there. And it’s free.

Yppej
    I always like loops, rather than going and coming back the same way. It makes things more interesting.

We did a loop on our recent big trip so went through different states on the way home.

Thread Information