Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Travel Plans for this Year?

Our next trip will probably be Key West, then Savanna and Charleston. We go to Key West several times a year as it’s not that far and when we have guest it’s a fun place to take them. Savanna and Charleston is on our list of places to go for a weekend.

my wife enjoys the old houses and gardens, I tend to like museums.

Actually, we've done the Dragon...this time looks like we will have the big Harleys, not the easier sport bikes so I don't think we'll do it... The Cherahola is beautiful!

Trying to plan for fun day trips from a central home base, which might be Gatlinburg. I much prefer Townsend, but this is a trip for others, not me.

Quote Originally Posted by lmerullo View Post
    Actually, we've done the Dragon...this time looks like we will have the big Harleys, not the easier sport bikes so I don't think we'll do it... The Cherahola is beautiful!

Trying to plan for fun day trips from a central home base, which might be Gatlinburg. I much prefer Townsend, but this is a trip for others, not me.
    The Dragon is easy enough to do on big bikes, you just need to take your time. I don't have any pics from the Dragon but these are from the Devils Staircase on Hwy 80 outside Asheville NC.

Devils Staircase 1.jpg Devils Staircase 2.jpg

The Cherohala is indeed beautiful. The last time we were there my wife and I were cruising along and a bear ran across the road just ahead of us, stretching out in his run so that he looked like Superman flying across the road, and jumped over a guardrail into the woods. I stopped the bike at the point he went over, just seconds behind his leap, to see if we could get a better look but my wife rightly said "What if he comes back?" Needless to say we took off.

I agree with you about Gatlinburg, but as a base it's perfect for the Great Smoky Mountain National Park and it's not too far from Cherokee NC which is a great day trip.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Thread Information