Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Travel Plans for this Year?

I'm taking my first vacation in 5 yrs, the first since I've been sick. I have to go someplace very handicapped accessible and I need to rent a scooter. So my retirement dreams of seeing the Hermitage and the Louvre are on the way back burner for now. DBF and I are going to Disney in Nov. He is Egyptian American, has been here 12 yrs and has never been. It's the most handicapped accessible place on Earth and I'm excited to see it through his eyes. I've been saving and saving for a vacation but felt like I couldn't go because I make such little money. But I have a well stocked emergency fund and quite a bit saved for retirement that I haven't had to touch so I'm going. Now to stop feeling guilty....

We are currently touring Georgia, North and South Carolina. Spent a night at the Biltmore (bucket list) and we are in our last night in Savannah leaving for Atlanta tomorrow. September we are continuing our Eastern exploring by doing Toronto, Quebec, Montreal and then coming down the Hudson and finishing in NY. I so love the East coast.

Quote Originally Posted by freshstart View Post
    I'm taking my first vacation in 5 yrs, the first since I've been sick. I have to go someplace very handicapped accessible and I need to rent a scooter. So my retirement dreams of seeing the Hermitage and the Louvre are on the way back burner for now. DBF and I are going to Disney in Nov. He is Egyptian American, has been here 12 yrs and has never been. It's the most handicapped accessible place on Earth and I'm excited to see it through his eyes. I've been saving and saving for a vacation but felt like I couldn't go because I make such little money. But I have a well stocked emergency fund and quite a bit saved for retirement that I haven't had to touch so I'm going. Now to stop feeling guilty....
    I say go for it!

freshstart, have a wonderful time and don't feel guilty! I think Disney is great choice! And I don't remember you having a BF. Is this a new development?

Simplemind, you'll be passing through my neck of the woods, so give me a wave on your way to/from Montreal!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Freshstart, that is great!

We dont have plans this year to go any place because pur time is focused on our second house.
    But our friends just got back from Morroco and I am jealous.

Freshstart try to not feel guilty and enjoy all the work you've put in to get to a place where you can vacation. Have fun in the most magical place on earth.

Planning a trip to Dubai and India (Golden Triangle) this September. India is on my bucket list. My DH & I have been fortunate to travel internationally (due to his job and travel mileage points). We tried to do as many international trips during our 50's as possible as long flights are becoming more of a challenge. Planning domestic trips in our 60's and hopefully doing more local hiking and playing with grandchildren/great grandchildren in our 70's & 80's. At least that's the plan.

FS: so glad you have a boyfriend and a chance you go on vacation! You deserve it.

thanks, guys. We've been dating for about a year now. He is a real gentleman, very kind.

I plan to go to some of the waterfalls in the Upper Peninsula MI ... counties of Gogebic and Ontonagon. Hopefully I will be hiking in with my grand-daughter in July.

Thread Information