Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Travel Plans for this Year?

Nothing glamorous for us, we'll be going to the Berkshires for a week in September. We always enjoy it though and can do it inexpensively.

We are doing a road trip to Cape Breton (Nova Scotia) this summer. We'd been to Nova Scotia 20 years or so ago, not realizing how big it really was, and had only seen the Yarmouth -> Halifax area.

Yppej
    Nova Scotia is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been to. Enjoy!

We are set to go to South Korea in a couple months. My children are Korean and this will be our second trip as a family... my dd's 3rd. Youngest doesn't want to go, so will be holding down the fort.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

The Berkshires and Nova Scotia- Such wonderful places and Prince Edward Island. We're headed to Southwest Harbor, ME for a week, taking two nights to go up to stay one night at Old Orchard Beach so we can visit with a high school friend, one stop near Ellsworth then the week at Southwest Harbor. I'm excited as we were in Maine about 10 years ago and drove, drove to explore all we could. This time I plan to make wee trips in the Acadia Park area and just enjoy and pretend I live there. I love seeing where people love to go and want to go.

Acadia is one of my favorite places, it never gets old for me. We've ridden the vast majority of the carriage roads, and quite a few hiking trails but there is always more to discover.

Cancelled trip that was to start today for a bird migration in Ohio. Forecast is cold and rain. We will go next year. September going to see the burroughs of New York and stay extra to see the tourist sites in Manhattan. November plan on going on a national parks tour of Laos and Thailand to see the wildlife. Many local day and overnight trips planned too.

Interesting about Acadia. It was a disappointment to me. I thought it would be as awe inspiring as Glacier but did not even come close. We saw few birds or animals and the scenery was mediocre IMO.

No big plans this year; we've been invited to a wedding in Canada and a reception in California and likely will attend one, not both. The big vacation plans are for next year, when we plan to cruise the British Isles with our college travel buddies. I've been to Dublin and DW has seen some of the rest of Ireland, but all either one of us has seen of England has been the highway between Gatwick and Heathrow, so it would be nice to spend some more time there.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

I'm very impressed with everyone's travel plans. Our big outing this year will be a train ride to the Grand Canyon with an overnight stay, and a 5 day stay in Calif. in a 5th wheel on family property.

Priority has been to provide time to family, mainly a) reliable weekly babysitting for granddaughter, and b) at least 1-2 trips year back East to see family/ help with family home projects. Luckily we're not big travelers anyway so our modest outings are just fine with us.

Nothing too exciting for us.
    DH went to SC. I'll be going to NC and probably NM.
    There are still about 50 things on my list I want to see in-state too so I'm trying to concentrate on that this year.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Thread Information