Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Travel Plans for this Year?

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    Nothing glamorous for us, we'll be going to the Berkshires for a week in September. We always enjoy it though and can do it inexpensively.
    The Berkshires are totally glamorous to me! There is so much to see and do....and so much space to relax. I hope you have a fabulous time! I was there for a week long class once and added 2 days to be a tourist with a friend who flew in for those 2 days. I hope you'll make the time for Norman Rockwell's campus. His studio is so fabulous!

I hope you have a fantastic week!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Float On View Post
    Nothing too exciting for us.
    DH went to SC. I'll be going to NC and probably NM.
    There are still about 50 things on my list I want to see in-state too so I'm trying to concentrate on that this year.
    New Mexico: fabulous. So many interesting little towns off the beaten path. Have a wonderful time exploring.

Looks like Oregon is the focus of my summer My cousin and I are going to the Sisters OR Outdoor Quilt Show on July 14.

Then I'm going to the Cocker Spaniel National Speciality Shows in Albany Oregon the last 4 days of July (from California). Just today I decided I'm driving my own car, taking my dogs (who are pets, not show dogs) and I located a local doggy daycare for them. They will get lots of playtime and exercise during the day, while I have show time, and then be tired enough to sleep in the evenings when we have adult party time!

After the show is over, we are going to spend some time exploring the Oregon coast. It will be scorching hot at home by then, best to miss some of it. My brother and SIL have a second home in Gold Beach, so we will also visit there for a few days.

(I spend so much on air conditioning that I might as well pay for hotels! My vacation won't cost much more than staying home would have.)

Quote Originally Posted by Gardnr View Post
    New Mexico: fabulous. So many interesting little towns off the beaten path. Have a wonderful time exploring.
    I lived there in '85 and go back every chance I get. I always find something new to explore and revisit favorites. I just got the Santa Fe Opera schedule program in the mail yesterday. Picked out another Opera that I must see there "Doctor Atomic". What a perfect setting. So that has narrowed down my dates of trying to make a quick trip out there.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

I love traveling to the East Coast as well as NM and the Oregon coast. So much beauty in our country.

Just got back from Georgia, North and South Carolina. Lovely but oh so hot hot hot and humid. I guess it was record temperatures for them. Would love to go back when it was cooler. So glad to get off the plane in Portland and have cool crisp air. Ahhhhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by mschrisgo2 View Post
    Looks like Oregon is the focus of my summer My cousin and I are going to the Sisters OR Outdoor Quilt Show on July 14.

Then I'm going to the Cocker Spaniel National Speciality Shows in Albany Oregon the last 4 days of July (from California). Just today I decided I'm driving my own car, taking my dogs (who are pets, not show dogs) and I located a local doggy daycare for them. They will get lots of playtime and exercise during the day, while I have show time, and then be tired enough to sleep in the evenings when we have adult party time!

After the show is over, we are going to spend some time exploring the Oregon coast. It will be scorching hot at home by then, best to miss some of it. My brother and SIL have a second home in Gold Beach, so we will also visit there for a few days.

(I spend so much on air conditioning that I might as well pay for hotels! My vacation won't cost much more than staying home would have.)
    LOVE the Sisters show. I've been x3. (It's a 5h drive). And the OR coast is fantastic. Beach walking I could do for hours upon end. ENJOY!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gardnr View Post
    The Berkshires are totally glamorous to me! There is so much to see and do....and so much space to relax. I hope you have a fabulous time! I was there for a week long class once and added 2 days to be a tourist with a friend who flew in for those 2 days. I hope you'll make the time for Norman Rockwell's campus. His studio is so fabulous!

I hope you have a fantastic week!!!!
    Thanks, Gardnr! We do love it there; it just probably seems less glamorous since we live in MA, but we do enjoy the ease of local travel.

I'm currently in Paris and thinking I might actually die of jet lag.
    I have slept 4 hours in 3 days and am feeling psycho.

It'll pass, and between bouts of nausea and dizziness there is still amazement...
    but I'm not ever going to cross that many time zones again. Never ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardenarian View Post
    I'm currently in Paris and thinking I might actually die of jet lag.
    I have slept 4 hours in 3 days and am feeling psycho.

It'll pass, and between bouts of nausea and dizziness there is still amazement...
    but I'm not ever going to cross that many time zones again. Never ever.
    A friend does the Paris run 3 times a month. She's an attendant on AA. I often wonder how she does it but then I realize that's why she only does 5 flights a month to meet her quota for her seniority.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Thread Information