Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Travel Plans for this Year?

Planning on a 5 day trip to New York in September. November wii be national parks of Laos and Thailand to see wildlife! Also short trips to Minneapolis and MANY day trips. Life is good!

Great trips!

So I am well enough to drive and DH well enough to be a passenger . Super excited as this trip has been planned for 6 months and probably never repeated.

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Michigan is the plan but these relatives have flaked on us before when it comes to travel plans. The Mid-Atlantic is a backup plan.
    Yeah, they flaked. We were supposed to go to the UP from their house, but now my SIL agreed to work one day in the middle of the week so we don't have enough time. Keep in mind this trip has been planned with a save the date for over a year. This is always the case - everything is about her side of the family - literally months out of the year with them and hard to get a few days with the my brother's side of the family.

And my DB says just hang around his one horse town and I am a bad person to have a bucket list of places I want to check off, I should only want to visit people. I don't see why the two can't be combined.

My son says to let it go, just go with the flow for the 4 days in hicktown, and we will plan something more fun next year, and turn down their future invitations.

Wow that is terrible. After 2 flakes I would probably never plan something with them again. You only get one vacation and I wouldn’t spend it being disappointed. I probably would be too mad to go to their house this year.

Yppej
    If it were just me I would not go but my son feels obligated and wants to go.

That makes sense. I didn’t realize you guys were going together

I am on the last day of our usual May holiday on a Greek island. This year, for various reasons we started the visit later. BIG MISTAKE. I have the most awful reaction to mosquito bites this year and now have various creams and high-dosage antibiotics. Did I mention I’m a typical fair skinned, redheaded Scot, who hates the heat? This year they have experienced temps well above the June norm. I can’t wait to get back to cold and rainy UK!

We were due to go to Australia nearer the end of the year, but have had to reschedule for March/Apri next year.

Our next break will be in late September, when we will be in Cornwall as usual,with a couple of nights in Plymouth on the way down and Exeter on the way back.

Well, mine's over for the year. But I did have a lovely trip to England. I stayed five days in London and five in Lewes, East Sussex. Got to see Virginia Woolf's house.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Yeah, they flaked. We were supposed to go to the UP from their house, but now my SIL agreed to work one day in the middle of the week so we don't have enough time. Keep in mind this trip has been planned with a save the date for over a year. This is always the case - everything is about her side of the family - literally months out of the year with them and hard to get a few days with the my brother's side of the family.

And my DB says just hang around his one horse town and I am a bad person to have a bucket list of places I want to check off, I should only want to visit people. I don't see why the two can't be combined.

My son says to let it go, just go with the flow for the 4 days in hicktown, and we will plan something more fun next year, and turn down their future invitations.
    I would continue with the trip as planned. If they have to come home partway, so be it. Your life shouldn't revolve around someone who "bagged out" of the plans. That is super rude.

Thread Information