Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Watching Royal Wedding!!

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Precisely the mood in our household.
    It’s been downhill ever since the Romans pulled out.

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    I thought it was a great royal wedding, with American touches. I personally loved Bishop Curry's sermon. I loved the traditional hymns, and Ave Maria, and even Stand By Me was a nice touch. She looked stunning, and he looked amazing. Her mother was beautiful and elegant. The queen gorgeous in those colors, but she could have smiled, at least once.

I think they nailed it.
    Agree 100%. My DD and I went to Dollar Tree Friday and bought headbands and flowers and I made "fascinators" for us to wear while we watched.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

Watched it. Watched the replays. Loved it. Loved the music. Loved the message. So nice to see something happy on TV. I’ve been to St. Georges Chapel which made it more fun to watch and it looks a lot bigger on TV than in reality.

Did not watch. Watched a few moments on-line yesterday. Is it true that the only family member she had there was her mother? That seems sad but I understand there are some issues. I heard he picked the flowers for her bouquet. That's a sweet move...if true.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    I hope marriage works out better for this commoner than it it for Diana.
    I don't think this marriage will be at all the same. It feels like Meghan is charge of this.

Diana's marriage was a sham from the start and never recovered. This is a much healthier basis and I wish them all the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiam View Post
    I don't think this marriage will be at all the same. It feels like Meghan is charge of this.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Poor Diane didn't know it was a sham though.

Watched it. Loved the dress, thought the ceremony was beautifully done. I have a good feeling that things will work out fine for Meghan and Harry.

St. George's Chapel is one of the places I would love to visit. My sister has been to Windsor several times and the chapel is on of her favorite spots in it.

Thread Information