Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Watching Royal Wedding!!

BBC had fantastic video from all kinds of angles. I would expect them to do it best. I agree with the minister and the Queen has said before that she think sermons should not exceed 7 minutes. He really exceeded that. I loved the varied music.

When it comes to the Royals I am as red, white, and blue as an American can possibly be.

Abolish all monarchs!

Yppej
    I hope marriage works out better for this commoner than it it for Diana.

I thought it was a great royal wedding, with American touches. I personally loved Bishop Curry's sermon. I loved the traditional hymns, and Ave Maria, and even Stand By Me was a nice touch. She looked stunning, and he looked amazing. Her mother was beautiful and elegant. The queen gorgeous in those colors, but she could have smiled, at least once.

I think they nailed it.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    I got up at 3:30 (awake anyway) to watch it. Just watched PBS' stream on my laptop in bed. It was just the video, no talking heads, which was nice. Couldn't figure out who a lot of the celebrities were though.

That head of the US Episcopal Church gave a sermon that I felt was not appropriate for this wedding. All sorts of SJW stuff. Blech.

Loved the bride's dress. The tiara was Queen Mary's (1932).

Now I'm going to sleep!
    Is that who the black guy was ? Yes, he went on and on, my crowd was annoyed with him.Everythingbelse was fine, all music lovely and varied.

Who was the Orthodox minister and why was he there?

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    When it comes to the Royals I am as red, white, and blue as an American can possibly be.

Abolish all monarchs!
    I am in favor of toppling these usurper Germans and restoring the Stuarts.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Is that who the black guy was ? Yes, he went on and on, my crowd was annoyed with him.Everythingbelse was fine, all music lovely and varied.

Who was the Orthodox minister and why was he there?
    He was the Coptic bishop in London. Guess they were being inclusive although I’m not sure why he specifically was chosen.

I have been to multiple weddings where the clergy chose to push a political/social agenda. A wedding is not the place for such, IMO. If clergy want to do so, they have multiple other opportunities, including Sundays in their own churches.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I am in favor of toppling these usurper Germans and restoring the Stuarts.
    Precisely the mood in our household.

Michael Curry is the head of the Episcopal Church in the US, chosen specifically by Ms. Markle--likely for his position on social justice, which is important to both her and Harry (not to mention Jesus). The Royal Family does charitable work non-stop, and I'd rather have them than the largest war machine in the history of the world. Also, if the Stuarts/Stewarts come back to reclaim the throne, do you suppose I can claim citizenship if I show proof of descendency? I'm ready to go to any civilized country that will have me.

I tivo'd it but I'll probably just watch the highlight shows tonight. I saw a bit this morning and thought she looked stunning. I like them as a couple, they seem down to Earth

Thread Information