Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Not sure this is enough space

Quote Originally Posted by sweetana3 View Post
    There are bed risers that lift the whole bed up for about $10 at Walmart. It would give you some more space under the bed for taller items or boxes. I find that very useful.

Trunk of car not good in summer for anything that might be damaged by heat.
    This was going to be my suggestion as well. Just bought dd home from college and was amazed at how much stuff those two bed dorm rooms hold - mainly because of bed risers and under bed storage.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Well more ups and downs, lots of stuff going to storage. Right now my fridge contents are in my work fridge because I didn't have time to get them and get back to the house before work. I have underbed boxes but they are in storage with whatever, and several things are just going to live in the car for awhile.

Mostly just really stressed because my workplace has not been understanding of pretty much anyone's personal life this year. I am here, managed to figure out a lunch, and working.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Girl View Post
    ...just really stressed because my workplace has not been understanding of pretty much anyone's personal life this year. I am here, managed to figure out a lunch, and working.
    It sounds to me like you're not getting the comp or flex time you are legally entitled to. You might check with HR.

It is all kinda fitting! I am enjoying just having what I need, however I have not done much cooking yet. I am struggling with a dirty clothes basket or hamper, and thinking an open under bed box may work. I didn't get rid of my basket or stand up hamper while I decide.

And work, well that is another thread

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    It sounds to me like you're not getting the comp or flex time you are legally entitled to. You might check with HR.

I've never heard of legal entitlement to comp or flex time????? Where is this law? I've been in the work force 4 decades.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardnr View Post
    I've never heard of legal entitlement to comp or flex time????? Where is this law? I've been in the work force 4 decades.
    You're probably right: I was hourly and union, so know little about these things. I know you're legally owed a few minutes to eat... It seems like there should be rules to compensate for being worked to death, but in corporate America, I guess that's too much to ask for.

I am not part of a union, there are not legal protections like that. However I do have personal and vacation and sick time that I can use and am entitled to.

I have most of Saturday to finish settling, not quite cooking there yet but able to pack lunches and make tea and feel comfortable. I did however go buy new running shoes rather than going to storage and trying to recall where I put them. I needed new ones anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    You're probably right: I was hourly and union, so know little about these things. I know you're legally owed a few minutes to eat... It seems like there should be rules to compensate for being worked to death, but in corporate America, I guess that's too much to ask for.
    It certainly isn't unique to America. In fact, I'm sure America has a far better record than many countries. Anywhere and any time human capital can be exploited for profit, there are bound to be abuses.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    It certainly isn't unique to America. In fact, I'm sure America has a far better record than many countries. Anywhere and any time human capital can be exploited for profit, there are bound to be abuses.
    Yes--Japan is legendary (karoshi), but I think recent generations may be rejecting that convention.

In another note, I was just informed that we do not have 'flex time' as I called it by mistake. I used that term to talk about times when I may not work 8 hours in one day but still work 40 or more in the week.

So I will be complying by using personal time for last week when I moved.

Thread Information