Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not sure this is enough space

Not sure this is enough space

Kinda freakin out now. I think it is also moving exhaustion, but still, lots of stuffand so little space.

My son helped me 2 days, i have a bed, dresser, chair and small table. I have a new neighbor who had nothing so i gave him the kitchen table, couch, coffee table and a chest. All things i tried to sell and didn't. My sister helped a few bours yesterday so now my bed is set up and the room is cute. This has been a lot of work alone too, I had very little help but then again it is only my stuff and not kid stuff any more.

Still so much, just the food i still have seems like nothing in my current pantry and too much for where i am going. I have a lot more work to do, and i am feeling very pressured to get back to work. I took off 2 afternoons last week, world did not fall apartbut i am in hot water again, what else is new.

I have stupid things like the rolling briefcase for work and a large suitcase that is my craft business and somehow 6 bed pillows! You can tuck things in corner, sometimes there are no more corners

ZG, I totally understand. Is there a way to get space for the things you rarely use but want to keep? Is there a very small, cheap storage facility nearby?

Take a look at sites like Apartment Therapy and google "small space hacks" to see if there is a way you can hide stuff under tables or behind curtains.

I do think a lot of it is the overall stress of moving. Take time to breathe. Take in a yoga class or a sitting meditation session. It will work out.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Thanks for the reminder, there are a couple meditation group options tonight.

I do have a storage unit, i have 30 years of photos after all! I still have room in it. I am also going to get a new mattress pad and some under bed boxes after my breakfast. I could even put my canned extra food in my room if the kitchen seems crowded.

Yppej
    Trunk of the car?

There are bed risers that lift the whole bed up for about $10 at Walmart. It would give you some more space under the bed for taller items or boxes. I find that very useful.

Trunk of car not good in summer for anything that might be damaged by heat.

ZG, I'm thinking after a bit of meditation you may feel more calm. It's scary and hard. You are doing well!!! Take more of your FLEX time even when he tries to deny it to you....

My crvis usually hss a lot of work but suppliesin it, i need to watch out for putting things like crayons in this time of year, i kust had laundry detergent spill! This will be be hard to get out,. Meanwhile i already have a tarp in there

Quote Originally Posted by sweetana3 View Post
    There are bed risers that lift the whole bed up for about $10 at Walmart. It would give you some more space under the bed for taller items or boxes. I find that very useful.

Trunk of car not good in summer for anything that might be damaged by heat.
    Good idea! My DDIL did used those when she and DS lived with us for a couple of months.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I have also seen stacks of boxes with a floor length tablecloth or sheet on them to make a side table or a nightstand. Also saw a garbage can with a glass top and a table cloth used for out of the way storage.

Oh dear this tablet really is wonky to type on.

Still so much but it is fitting okay so far. I put in my book shelves (they are wooden crates turned on their sides so no packing) and put my tv on top. I will keep it for my daughter. Then tonight took her out for dinner, that is another post

Thread Information