Thread: Can we please remove the kick me sign!

Can we please remove the kick me sign!

If anything was designed to push me over the edge this year bas been it.

I have been working hard on my improvement plan, getting everything done, telling my boss what i am doing, etc. So i actually called HR the other day, it wasn't a complaint level really but i had to talk to someone. I also got verification that i will not get in trouble if i send an email on a day off or a day when i am sick. That is a longer story,

To finish up last week i put some time on my calendar to move and called it flex time as compared to time off, i had talked to him about moving ahead of time and let him know that i may need to do that. I always send him notification if i am not available for several hours during the day. So i get an email asking me what my understanding of flex time is. I want to check our team meeting notes for when he reminded us to take the flex time we earned by working over winter and spring break. Of course i took time to answer him,

I can't wait until summer, 2 of my colleagues already told me they are glad i will be the traveling sub for them.

I cannot understand why he questions the flex time. If you work it, track it, and have a balance of flex time, our boss always told us to take it first. They did not want it "held" on the books or forgotten. Maybe he does not understand it and wanted clarification? He is really a micromanager and having trouble keeping all the balls in the air on his part. Could it be he truly thinks you are salaried and dont earn flex time? I dont know.

I know you responded already but it could be said "I took some time to check our meeting notes and on XX-Xx-XXXX you told us to remember to take our earned flex time...... I have earned XX hours which is shown on such and such record."

Quote Originally Posted by sweetana3 View Post
    I cannot understand why he questions the flex time. If you work it, track it, and have a balance of flex time, our boss always told us to take it first. They did not want it "held" on the books or forgotten. Maybe he does not understand it and wanted clarification? He is really a micromanager and having trouble keeping all the balls in the air on his part. Could it be he truly thinks you are salaried and dont earn flex time? I dont know.

I know you responded already but it could be said "I took some time to check our meeting notes and on XX-Xx-XXXX you told us to remember to take our earned flex time...... I have earned XX hours which is shown on such and such record."
    I thought ZG is salaried.

But I wont pretend to know how her organization wants “flex time” handled.

It is expected if we work over 40 that we takethe same amount of time off within 2 weeks. My previouspost supervisor expanded on that and to be more flexible, that isa up to supervisor and i rarely work only 40. I do considerthe it policy to tell my supervisor any time he would not be able to reach me for more than an hour between the hours of 6:30 and 6 daily.

I am no longer expecting to have a positive or neutral response to following policies or additonal courtesy

If you’re 40 hours a week why are you telling him your whereabouts for 60 hours a week?

I think Zoe works a split shift, so with a chuck of time off during the day. Zoe, is this right?

What is your schools policy on the use of flex time? It is in written form?

Quote Originally Posted by Reyes View Post
    I think Zoe works a split shift, so with a chuck of time off during the day. Zoe, is this right?

What is your schools policy on the use of flex time? It is in written form?
    Zoe G responded to the flext time question on this thread, post #20

http://www.simplelivingforum.net/sho...ight=Flex+time

It just is a nature of the work, and not something to argue. I argue enough already! It has now been clarified from the top down that if you work 12 hours one day that you can't take another day off in it's place.

Thread Information