Thread: Oldest DD getting out

Oldest DD getting out

Of bad relationship, whew. It wasgood for the first couple years out of 6. Like i thought there were drugs involved as well. About a month ago she quit using the cocaine he was dealing and went through withdrawal. Ouch,

He is getting a little scary, and so she can move into her new place on June 1stand hopefully that will go okay. I suggested using the police but she thinks that could be unnecessary danger. She will
    have someone there however. Then she can get money in better shape as well by renting a room,

I am looking forward to seeing her more now that she is walking away from this. And really want her to heal her body after 12 years of smoking and on and off drug use.

Yppej
    Is she going to support groups?

I hope everything goes well. And see, even though your kids can't move in with you, you are still mom, taking her out to dinner and being that listening ear.

Zoe girl, i’m glad for your Dd. This is a long hard trip. My heart Dd went through a similar time 6 years ago. Keep telling her how amazing she is - just for finding the strength to try to take care of herself. Does she have any access to counseling? Clean and sober for 30 days is a very big deal!

Thanks all, and thank you for sayng kind things about my living situation. It is hard to not be able to offer her aplace to goto right now.

I know a lot of people in recovery in my buddhist groups, so that helps if she wants more support. Right now she has team E, a groupof friends who are here for her

I'll join you in being proud of your daughter for getting out. Wishing her the best!
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

When you say he is being scary, is he opposing this breakup? Stats show that women are at high risk for physical danger when leaving a relationship.

He is not opposing the break up as much as he is opposing losing control of her. Things like getting angry when she packs or when she has any male friends still. I consider her at risk, and she thinks the risk would be higher if the police were involved. When women get restraining orders it can actually be more dangerous. He has never laid a hand on her, but has damaged things around her, and I consider it a possibility. My son lives close and works even closer, and she has a couple places to quickly go if needed. She can start moving into her new place on June 1st.

Personally, I would go visit my local police station and ask to talk to someone about domestic violence. The police in our area want to know before something happens so they can react more appropriately. Or if she is uncomfortable doing that, please have her call and visit a domestic violence shelter which should have some form of counseling and advice for her. She is in a dangerous position but there are many others out there trained to help and available.

A restraining order is not the one and only thing to do. Knowledge is what she needs.

Thread Information