Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello I'm spatula :)

Hello I'm spatula :)

hi everyone. I just found this forum

I recently graduated college and lived in the city for a few years. It was to stressful for me so when my BF got a job in texas I jumped at the opportunity to move somewhere more open and relaxed.We live in an apartment now but we're saving so that we can have our own small home out in a more rural area.

I want to pursue a simple life beause I've been feeling very frenzied for the last few years. I first got into minimalism and decluttering. Then I started cooking more from scratch and spending more time in nature. I'm interested in sustainability and have just started buying most of my clothes at a thrift shop. I'm also going to start composting most of my food waste and starting a rooftop garden on my apartment!

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Sounds like a great adventure ahead. Any questions about almost anything has been covered to some extent so may I suggest doing a search of topics that 'twig' your interest and have fun. Always looking for new approaches to try or question so feel free to do so.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Welcome!
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Welcome. Spatula! Jump right in!
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Sounds like you have a lot to offer this forum! Welcome!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Welcome! And I gotta ask about what inspired the name

Welcome, Spatula! Sounds like you are off to a good start in pursuing the life you want!

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Girl View Post
    Welcome! And I gotta ask about what inspired the name
    Good question!

My guess is the new member is "spatula", because "Flipper" died in 1972. <wink>

http://www.roadsideamerica.com/story/3319

Or maybe it's because "there are two sides to everything."

Welcome, spatula!

Hello, spatula! It sounds like you're starting on an exciting journey. I'm curious about your husband's view of simplicity/minimalism/etc. Many of us with spouses and signifcant others find that sometimes some -- er -- negotiation is necessary (like we negotiate with the thermostat).

I'm looking forward to seeing more of your posts.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Steve that is for sure! However, I will put up with his crap to have a great relationship like many others here. WElcome to the forum.

Thread Information