Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The volcano in Hawaii

The volcano in Hawaii

Boy, that's really incredible to watch! What a force it is! We're seeing how the islands were initially made. Now they're seeing blue flames, from the methane gas which I guess comes from plants burning??
    What I wonder is.....what fills all that space that the magma is coming out of? Are they just big caverns, or do they fill up with something else?
    It's just unbelievable to watch. I feel bad for all those people who lost their homes.......but I guess that's the chance they took. Seems like people shouldn't be allowed to build so close to a volcano......and I guess that means really far from it. Watching pictures of this is like watching the earth millions of years ago.
    Pretty incredible.

It is amazing to watch. I've got friends on the islands. All of them have sent out statements of "thanks for the concern, we're fine" and diagrams of the islands showing they are in fact several islands away!
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

DS is honeymooning there right now. I was very concerned, but hadn't realized how far apart the islands really are. One of my fears was they might be connected in terms of their volcanoes, but I don't think that's the case. At any rate.......I told him to avoid any inactive volcano sites and he said "OK!" The the next day I checked where he was with my "Find Friends" and he was at one. I guess I should be happy he doesn't live with my kind of fears.....

I love you bae!

Yep, no one like Bae to graphically slap us into reality.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

That definitely puts it in perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    But, but... what about my friend in Honolulu? Is she going to be ok???

Yppej
    No joke jp1, the mean girl clique in the office were talking about the volcano today with comments like "Honolulu is on the big island, the one that all the tourists go to". I did not intrude in their conversation.

Thanks Bae.

Thread Information