Thread: Boss fired unexpectedly

Boss fired unexpectedly

I went to write a note to my boss yesterday and discovered he had been fired--everything went down when we were out of town dealing with elderly parent/house closing/nursing home situation, and I missed it--he sent a memo on the 15th and then suddenly sent out memo canceling the meeting, with nothing on the memo.

This makes 5 out of 6 of my direct supervisors who have been fired unexpectedly in the past two years. I find this very odd. I was full time when it first happened to my immediate boss and since I figured they would fire me too--they were firing many--I ducked down to part time.

This guy was her replacement. They just kind of disappear.

I actually doubt I will get more work from them. This is the first time I have not been teaching a class for them in ten years. It feels very odd.

I stepped down to get out of line of fire, maybe it was the right thing to do. I don't know. Massive firings this year, too, but surprised they got rid of this guy, as faculty really liked him.

Wow, that is not a good sign. I forget exactly what you do but it is a good sign to move on for sure. That must be a hugely stressful place to work.

Good luck finding a new job! I am sure almost anyplace will have less firings.

Wow that is a lot of turnover. I am very lucky that although I work for a university they are rarely in contact with me. I have actually only met the department chair twice in almost 6 years. I get occasional emails which go to the entire department. They never give me direction or tell me what to do. I feel super lucky.If that changed I would just fully retire.

Gee, that's pretty unsettling... but on another note.. how are your parents (and you) adjusting to their life changes?
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

What a tough situation, Tybee.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

You could call the department of aging to look into things because it doesn’t sound like a safe situation. Very sad for your parents and you

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    You could call the department of aging to look into things because it doesn’t sound like a safe situation. Very sad for your parents and you
    I will think about this, Terry, thank you

Hugs, Tybee....sounds so difficult. Hope you get them where they need to be safely.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

I'm am wishing you some peace and calm and hoping you get some rest. You still have a long journey ahead and it sounds as if it's not going to be easy.

Thank you

Thread Information