Thread: Summer placement awesomeness!

Summer placement awesomeness!

So I just got my summer placement, YEAH! I am not floating around the camps after all. One PS is leaving to go back to school. So I get to take over her site with up to 150 kids in the afternoon. It is basically the same program I was going to run at my site before I had such low numbers. It is also what I have done the previous 2 summers and felt challenged and successful. Bonus (drum roll)

I have a different supervisor!!

It is someone I have wanted to work with. He supports his staff and they get opportunities. Overall he seems like a good guy. I don't even mind that I applied for the supervisor job that he ended up getting. So my plan is to just be awesome and do a VERY good job. My retreat is planned for the week after camp ends so there is no conflict there,

Sounds like a morale booster! Good!
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Do you have to go back to the old one when fall comes?

Nice, ZG! I am hoping Mr. Bad Supervisor does not have a job in the fall. . .

Not sure about fall, however the break of 2 months will be great. I did reach out about another position that is the same role at a brand new program. I like that challenge.

I had some time over the weekend to reflect on how I need to change how I work and interact. It is not ideal and I am sure there will be difficulty, but it could be livable. I know that unless I have another job at the same or better pay I won't be okay. Just change to following orders, turn off work outside of work, focus on his needs, etc. Nothing that comes naturally and would need counseling support, but some times you just need to do things to survive. If I am really diligent and document everything that I do I can be better protected. I kinda think he is imploding soon

Thread Information