Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Cancellation of the Rosanne show.......

I'm glad they are going to get a chance to take a shot. I hated to see them penalized for her behavior.

I wish them luck but I'm not sure the show will succeed. Early reports I saw indicated the re-boot would center around the youngest daughter's character and would showcase all the popular social issues such as inclusion, LGBT issues, social justice, etc. Without Rosanne, I'm not sure how it will stand out among all the other bland shows the broadcast networks specialize in.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I wish them luck but I'm not sure the show will succeed. Early reports I saw indicated the re-boot would center around the youngest daughter's character and would showcase all the popular social issues such as inclusion, LGBT issues, social justice, etc. Without Rosanne, I'm not sure how it will stand out among all the other bland shows the broadcast networks specialize in.
    Yeah, it may feel like All in the Family without Archie Bunker. I think that tension was key to its success.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Without Rosanne, I'm not sure how it will stand out among all the other bland shows the broadcast networks specialize in.
    I'm not sure how the broadcast networks will survive, given the quality and volume of material coming out from Netflix and Amazon.

I wonder what Barr will do now? She had to be devastated.........but she has to realize now that she has to keep her big mouth shut at times.

Quote Originally Posted by CathyA View Post
    I wonder what Barr will do now? She had to be devastated.........but she has to realize now that she has to keep her big mouth shut at times.
    65 year old wack-a-doodle racist/sexist comedian with an ailing career?

Perhaps she'll try to come up with some other incendiary thing to regain relevance and the public eye? At this point though she'd do well to go back to doing the occasional cameo appearance, and slink quietly off to retirement.

New show will be doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by CathyA View Post
    I hear she has a macadamia farm to run.

I think John Goodman and Sara Gilbert could carry a show... with some good writers. I'd watch. Couldn't get into the reboot with Rosanne as it seemed "harsher" than the original.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    I think John Goodman and Sara Gilbert could carry a show... with some good writers. I'd watch. Couldn't get into the reboot with Rosanne as it seemed "harsher" than the original.
    Writing is always key. What are they going to write about? Without Roseanne there is little dramatic tension. The aunt, liberal Laurie Metcalf, isnt going to play against ultra liberal John Good,and and Super liberal Sarah
    Gilbert.

For a brief moment, the networks for me to watch one of them again, but it was brief.

Ywars ago I watched a few episodes of Jojn Goodman’s television drama about New Orleans after the flood, but his character was so increasingly strident and political, I had to,give ip on it. Such a turnoff. The show had several interesting things about it, too bad.

Thread Information