Thread: Be careful with the energy you put out

Be careful with the energy you put out

That is latest boss quote. Sigh. This is related to a teacher who emailed him to recommend my assistant for a job and put my site instead of the one he actually was applying for. I talked to my boss and explained what happened but also included that i had never spoken to this teacher on this topic. So really what could we possibly need to talk about?
    Since he simply cannot have nothing to say he said that, I replied the energy I was putting out was growth and opportunity.

Thoughts on this boss - you might want to apply a lesson I learned from my son in law that has served me really well the last year - do not speak unless you feel what you have to say is absolutely necessary. (I have basically stopped speaking to my mil and I don’t think she has noticed)

I can't imagine any boss I've ever had saying that. Their only concern was that I had enough energy to stay awake after lunch...

I was in a meeting with my new summer supervisor and my current supervisor sat in, I pretty much just paid attention to the content of the meeting. Amazing how much better it was! Lots of information, lots of things we need to do to a high standard, and still people smiled. I just answered his one question, when was my vacation planned, again. Sent him a calendar invite now that my summer site was confirmed.

Thread Information