Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: June Frugals

Got a notice that each of the next 5 years water bills will be going up as the city continues to try to meet EPA requirements for separation of sewage from stormwater. I guess Trump and Pruitt haven't gutted that environmental regulation.

I am continuing to use a gift card I received for groceries. Other than herbs the garden hasn't produced anything yet, although I have watered it. With water rates going up next year it may not be worth it to garden. It is dry so much more of the time than it used to be in years past. Even the squash look pathetic and usually anyone can grow zucchini.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Got a notice that each of the next 5 years water bills will be going up as the city continues to try to meet EPA requirements for separation of sewage from stormwater. I guess Trump and Pruitt haven't gutted that environmental regulation.

I am continuing to use a gift card I received for groceries. Other than herbs the garden hasn't produced anything yet, although I have watered it. With water rates going up next year it may not be worth it to garden. It is dry so much more of the time than it used to be in years past. Even the squash look pathetic and usually anyone can grow zucchini.
    we are thinking about i pnstalling a separate “garden only” water line and meter in Hermann. There is no need to pay for sewer service on this water that doesnt go through the sewer system. That initial installatin will be expensive, but maybe worth it? Who knows.

Let me know how you make out with that IL if you decide to do it. I did not know there was such an option.

I walked down to the center of town yesterday for a little fair, the annual Strawberry Festival. I bought a Hosta plant for $2.00. I also got a beautiful little metal watering can with a wonderful patina. I asked the seller how much, and she asked what I was willing to pay. I was thinking 10 and about to offer 5 when she asked if 2 would be acceptable. It certainly was! I actually felt a little guilty afterwards, but I guess I paid her asking price.