Thread: Give it 100 (or 20 or 30) challenge - June 2018

Give it 100 (or 20 or 30) challenge - June 2018

Hi ejchase!

sorry to have been mia, but school is out now, and i’m Ready to play again if you want to start a June thread.

i have two things for June - I want to start a new habit of not putting things on the floor.
    and I want to get back into my pottery studio.

Thanks CL for reminding me to keep track. I am still working on the 6000 steps and now writing. My manuscript was rejected, very kindly, so I will look for more ways to submit it! In May I had 27 days of 6000 or over and I submitted the one manuscript, have 3 more ready to go except for a query letter. Feeling productive.

CL, I'm guessing you have never had a puppy in the house... my first puppy, 25 years ago now, cured me of sorting papers into piles on the floor beside my desk as I graded them...

I quickly came to realize the floor belonged to the pup and unless I wanted to share something with her, I needed to keep my things out of her space!

I sure do miss that one, she's been gone for 8 years now. Five others since her, 3 rescues who didn't live very long, and the 2 I have now that I got as puppies also.
    Last edited by mschrisgo2; 6-1-18 at 2:18pm. Reason: clarity

I did not leave anything on her floor yesterday and I cleared off the floor in the den.

i did not actually go out to the pottery studio, but I did look into a craft selling possibility. I think it’s a no go, but that happens.

no, I have never had a puppy. I have never wanted a puppy. In fact, I had a conversation with my daughter just this week involving the fact that I will not keep her dog when she goes on vacation. I do dog-proof the first floor when they come to visit, but they are still responsible for the dog.

Two days without leaving stuff on the floor. This is definitely a paradigm shift. I don’t think I realized how often I just walk into a space and out something down.

I also need to make some changes in my environment, because many of the things I put on the floor have nowhere to go - for example, I am now storing my teach bag on the couch instead of the floor next to the couch. I need a hook somewhere, but don’t know where yet.

i started working on my pottery studio again yesterday. Mostly I am sorting and ordering, but a small amount of stuff got sorted into trash/recycling/clean fill/back to school. (Clean fill is stuff that has been fired but I don’t want, often because it cracked. It goes in the rocks behind the bridge floodwall in our driveway. They settle or wash out, so I am always tossing rocks and rocklike stuff in there.)

dh bought me two worklights to hang to brighten up the glazing area where I am working.

Hi Chicken Lady and nswef!

nswef, it sounds like you are doing incredibly well on the steps and writing! Congratulations!

Chicken Lady, thanks for starting the thread. Pottery and keeping stuff off the floor seem like great goals for the beginning of summer!

Unlike, Chicken Lady, I am NOT done with school yet. I'm in until about June 15th and then out of town for about three weeks after that, so it may be mid-July before I'm here consistently again. But I did complete 20 times of writing in April and May!

Let's all keep keeping on!

I am proud of you writers!

Three days without adding anything to the floor (I am also working on cleaning them up, but it’s the dropping/piling habit I want to break here)

i worked in the studio a little more yesterday - still cleaning and sorting, not making. The craft selling possibility counter offered, so I am thinking again.

Great CL, as you continue not putting things on the floor I hope it becomes much easier.

The floor project continues.

yesterday I spread a whole bunch of stuff out on the floor to work, but I cleaned it all up before dh got home. I also have my school crate on the floor next to my chair because I am writing evaluations. I am, however, not mindlessly putting things on the floor for lack of better space.

as for my studio, yesterday I just made a token “hit and run” to reshelve one item and carry a bowl back to the house. I am willing to settle for a baby step if that is all I get to, just to ensure that I engage with the space every day.

Thread Information