Thread: I don't get it

I don't get it

Just reading about Steven d Cook who has been named as the new chair of the Superfund Task Force, which EPA administrator Pruitt created last year to revamp how the agency oversees cleanups at the more than 1,300 toxic sites. Cook worked for more than 20 years as in-house counsel for LyondellBasell Industries (LB) -- one of the world's largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies. LB and its subsidiaries are listed as being potentially responsible for at least 3 dozen Superfund polluted sites. It should be noted that Cook can participate in matters affecting his former employer as long as his actions would also impact at least 5 similarly situated companies. Isn't this conflict of interest? Why is he in this position? Makes no sense at all to me!

Of more than 60 EPA hires tracked by AP over the last year, about 1/3 worked as registered lobbyists or lawyers for chemical manufacturers, fossil fuel producers or other EPA-regulated companies.

Trump promised as a presidential candidate to drain the swamp. IMO he is creating the swamp!!

Also see that Ivanka, who is supposedly his advisor on economic empowerment and entrepreneurship has secured 13 new trademarks for herself in China and has trademarks pending in Saudi Arabia, Mexico, India, Israel, Turkey and the Philippines. Isn't this also a conflict of interest or profiting from government office? Around this same time, Trump wants to bail out ZTE (a Chinese telecom equipment and systems co) that previously sold products to Iran and North Korea in defiance of US sanction laws. Now Trump is setting tariffs for Mexico, Canada and the EU.... our allies ... but does nothing regarding China.... WTH!!!!

I'm afraid we're setting a new low standard we'll have trouble recovering from. I hope I'm wrong.

These new hires for the EPA... talk about the wolf guarding the henhouse. It's a blatant disregard for anything in anyway protective of the environment. The only thing these people are protecting is the rights of corporate interest to use and abuse the environment for their own purposes. So short sighted.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

It's really no different from every other appointment he's made. I mean really, a secretary of state that's a big oilman, a secretary of education who has never in her life had any experience with public schools. And the list just goes on and on. Any trump voter that thinks this is what draining the swamp and winning looks like is probably as stupid and ignorant as they've been accused of being.

I was going to point that out. Every appointment more heinous than the last.

ICE must recruit their thugs from a psychopath database, considering what they're doing to recent refugee (not undocumented alien) families.

Thread Information