Thread: Cruise to Key West, Cuba, and Port Canaveral

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    +1

It sounds like Alan is suggesting that CEOs making $1B are more meritorious than the struggling single mother who is working two jobs to try to pay for her kid's education. Or someone like me, earning a good living because I lucked into my job is more meritorious than Terry, or CL, or ZG who help children and families every day. All I do is push drugs. We have a funny way in this country of assigning value to their roles. I guess the CEO of Enron was meritorious, but the Teacher of the Year should be happy with their $50k.
    To frame the argument here, it is about gubmnt mandated taxation. I doubt Alan is suggesting what you asvribebto him.

If you wish society to change what it values and rewards thru salaries, that is fine, but that is not THIS discussion.

By the by, I know someone in the .01%, just saw him yesterday. I know how much he makes because he was just named CFO in a publicly traded company. His compensation is well over $1million a year as stated in our city newspaper. He is a very nice guy, and very generous. back when D.h worked handyman jobs for him, he gave us extravagant restaurant coupons as gifts. One year we received two, and it was a little embarrassing to me and I almost called him to see if there was a mistake, did he really intend to give us two? Haha.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 6-7-18 at 4:30pm.

Thread Information