Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What non-strictly-essential memberships do you hold?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar

What non-strictly-essential memberships do you hold?

Just curious. To start off with, I am a member of the Phoenix Art Museum and recoup the annual membership fee back several times over every year as I go regularly.....they have a fascinating Asian Arts sections that I never tire of no matter how many times I see the collection. What memberships do you'all hold?

PS For anyone following my posts regularly, I have been away for awhile catching up on my life after Season and then there's also been a number of police brutality incidents that have taken place lately and I have of course been engaging in activism against that as I do live in the 85006. But I'll be here more often now. Rob

Yppej
    AAA.

We hold library foundation memberships mostly so we can go to the early bird 6X a year library sales events. Our library system is amazing.

I am a quilt guild member for the monthly meetings, national teacher workshops and shows.

Other than that, we don't belong to groups.

Our neighborhood association, the Park Conservancy organization for our local park, Missouri Botanical Gardens, St Louis Art Museum, Campbell House (historic house), American Iris Society, North American Lily Society, Garden Guild (dues go to National Garden Club,) Bulldog Club of America, St. Louis Bulldog Club.

I dont know what an “essential” membership would be.

I belong to most of these as an active member and in some cases a board member. I am not just a dues paying person.

Yearly state park pass so we can go hiking... a whopping $13! Guess that does not constitute a membership though but definitely nonessential. Also, AAA for travel and a groupon discounted Costco membership that, hopefully, will pay for itself??
    Last edited by frugal-one; 6-4-18 at 8:37pm.

American Statistical Association, American Planning Organization, NRA, ACLU, Sea Shepherd Conservation Society, Intersex Campaign for Equality, American Radio Relay League, ...

Local botanical garden, AAA, local trails group (money is used to buy tools to build more trails). Used to also belong to local hiking club but we never went.

And a professional group (Scrum Alliance).

I donate to/am a member of:

-ACLU
    -Planned Parenthood (I am proud to say I donated specifically to the $8 million Abortionplex; Linked here: https://www.theonion.com/planned-par...lex-1819572640)
    -Humanist Community of Central Ohio

In the past I have donated to/been a member of:

-A local gun club (love blasting clay pigeons!)
    -WOSU
    -Simply Living of Central Ohio

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    I donate to/am a member of:

-Planned Parenthood (I am proud to say I donated specifically to the $8 million Abortionplex; Linked here: https://www.theonion.com/planned-par...lex-1819572640)
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    Just curious. To start off with, I am a member of the Phoenix Art Museum and recoup the annual membership fee back several times over every year as I go regularly.....they have a fascinating Asian Arts sections that I never tire of no matter how many times I see the collection. What memberships do you'all hold?

PS For anyone following my posts regularly, I have been away for awhile catching up on my life after Season and then there's also been a number of police brutality incidents that have taken place lately and I have of course been engaging in activism against that as I do live in the 85006. But I'll be here more often now. Rob
    Rob: Interesting thread idea! Much appreciated. Hope to see you around often again.

Thread Information