Thread: Receipts

Receipts

In January of 2016 I bought bedsheets at Bed Bath and Beyond that had a 5 year warranty. I thought that was amazing. I put a note at the top of the receipt (so I wouldn’t have to look later) .. warranty 5 year’s til 1/2021 and put the receipt in the original package in my linen closet. So now the pillowcases are thin and have holes. Went to the linen closet and pulled out the receipt.... IT WAS BLANK except for my note at the top. WTH. Turns out this is happening now because of the “thermal” paper the stores are using. Thankfully, i put my note on the receipt so I could check back statements with the credit card company! Turns out the sheets were on sale now. BBB gave me a refund of my original price, ordered the color I wanted to send to my home for free and gave me the new sheets at the sale price. I got 4 pillow protectors for $4!

Point of post ... mark your receipts if you need info for further use. One of the managers at BBB said this happened to him from a purchase from Menards. ALSO, impressed with service from BBB!

I photocopy all receipts that I am especially concerned about writing in the date and price and the store location. I have used them as you did but to ensure warranty servicing of the lawn mower etc. Photocopies don't fade.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    I photocopy all receipts that I am especially concerned about writing in the date and price and the store location. I have used them as you did but to ensure warranty servicing of the lawn mower etc. Photocopies don't fade.
    Great idea! I also opt for emailed receipts if given the option.

I noticed that my Home Depot receipts have all faded, so thanks for the reminder to mark them.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

This is exactly why programs/hardware like Neat receipts make what they do/sell so well.

I noticed that quite a few years ago and for our business always wrote the trip/date/cost/etc on the receipt. Came in handy when I had a sales tax audit and gave her a stack of receipts with mostly just my handwriting visible.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post
    This is exactly why programs/hardware like Neat receipts make what they do/sell so well.
    Not sure what this is ... a type of scanner?

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    Not sure what this is ... a type of scanner?
    It comes with a scanner, yes, but the selling point of it, is the software and how it is set up to organize stuff.
    The same can be done with just a scanner, doing things yourself, there are just enough people who want it simple, that a predone software, sells.

Geez, I would never have thought about the warranty on bedsheets. SO and I have had the same ones for years and have been in discussion about replacing them for the last six months. Since we buy most everything online anymore almost all of our receipts are email, but I'll keep this in mind.

Thread Information