Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: June purge

Thanks echase. Thankfully I had a break between raising my 3 boys and us taking custody of him at 13. He and I are close and I really love him.

I decluttered on vacation. Anything that might spoil in the refrigerator I packed in Tupperware type containers I did not like and brought with me in a cooler. Then I threw out the containers after I ate the food in them.

For the first time in a few years I went to swim and both my bathing suits just hung off me so out they went. Part is good weight loss and part is aging as IL noted in a previous discussion "I used to have a cute little butt".

And dragging the non-ergonomic cooler in and out of places broke its zipper, and a piece of ancient luggage and some other clothes also hit the end of the road with more busted zippers.

Yppej, I have declutttered on vacation too--take clothes I am done with and just throw them away as I go.

I decluttered a bathing suit yesterday as it was so darned uncomfortable, and bought a new one at meijers and then changed into the new one in the bathroom and threw out the old one. Why even take it home to throw it away?

Exactly Tybee.

We are visiting many people on this trip and I realized now that I have decluttered how much stuff other people have. I never used to notice.

It makes me uncomfortable to sit cluttered home. All I can think about is how I would clean it up

I have noticed this at other people's homes also, but the spartan nature of hotel rooms inspires me to come home and do better.