Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: June purge

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    So my step son brings over 2 boxes of stuff for me to donate with instructions for the stuff to go to 2 different thrift stores. I will take it all to the one closest to my house. He is leaving for 2 years for officer candidate school and then a bunch of training to be a navigator. I don’t mind taking it but telling me where to bring it was a little over the top.
    Oh, no. No no no.
    No one to dictate to me how to get rid of their escess stuff unless I have already offered to go to both thrift store.

IL, he is a great kid but at 28 still does some stuff that I shake my head at. I just said okay and now will do what I want. Your response made me laugh.

All my old make-up brushes, and all my old make-up. I don't have new make-up as I stopped wearing it when I retired. Most of this stuff is 10-20 years old. Into the trash! Also a very few books. Some have been put aside to give to a friend, the rest to donate.
    Bad spellers of the world, UNTIE!
    formerly known as Paula P

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    IL, he is a great kid but at 28 still does some stuff that I shake my head at. I just said okay and now will do what I want. Your response made me laugh.
    You sound like a very wise stepmom. It may well be that 30 years from now he flashes back to bringing you that stuff and thinks, "I can't believe I did that." It takes some of us a long, long time to grow up.

My daughter and I gave away seven of her summer dresses that no longer fit. That might be it for me this month since we leave on vacation in a couple of days.

Shadowmoss, congrats on getting rid of your makeup! That must have felt SO liberating!