Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Public bathrooms

Quote Originally Posted by flowerseverywhere View Post
    I would not not be happy if my taxpayer dollars were funding this. I can see this as the next anti-democrat, anti-liberal headline on Fox News.
    I would support that initiative if it were under the auspices of and physically connected somehow to a health clinic/substance abuse clinic. I'm not thinking that this would be a case of you go to the right if you have to pee and to the left if you have to shoot up. .
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

When I was in Seattle years ago the door to the stalls were short and a security guard was in the bathroom watching so impossible to be shooting up without being seen. You had to pull your pants up and down while bent over.

Quote Originally Posted by flowerseverywhere View Post
    I would not not be happy if my taxpayer dollars were funding this. I can see this as the next anti-democrat, anti-liberal headline on Fox News.
    They have one in Vancouver, BC. It seems like a partial solution to the problem of dirty needles, bathroom usage, and maybe other amenities. It's been a success. If they were well-run, I wouldn't mind paying for them with my taxes.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-clinic-heroin

https://www.columbian.com/news/2018/...ont-vancouver/

Hopefully this link works (possible paywall)

These Portland Loos being installed address some of the concerns raised above. Hope they work.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Wow, we could use those Portland loos down here in Ashland!
    I have to wonder how they can cost $160,000 each. WTH? You can build a whole house for less than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardenarian View Post
    Wow, we could use those Portland loos down here in Ashland!
    I have to wonder how they can cost $160,000 each. WTH? You can build a whole house for less than that.
    Not here you can't....well maybe a tiny home.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Thread Information