Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Romance Scammers......

Yppej
    I tried a specialty site for free for a couple of months and had no problems with scammers or perverts. But no one in my area contacted me. I said I was interested in people 50 miles from my home and heard from one guy in North Carolina and another in Belgium!

Then I told a friend of a friend and she age 38 got on. All sorts of guys my age, in their 50's, messaged her. She had no interest even though they were saying things that in someone younger would have appealed to her, like I'll cook for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post

Then I told a friend of a friend and she age 38 got on. All sorts of guys my age, in their 50's, messaged her.
    Why do you think this is the case?

Because evolutionary pressures within our species causes men to want fertile younger women… I don’t believe it has much at all to do with peoples characters, it’s just how we evolved. From an evolutionary standpoint, I’ve become invisible since going through menopause. I don’t even care - andThat’s probably another evolutionary thing, so that I can be a better grandma and cause my genes to live for thousands of years because my grandkids are protected from early death.

Quote Originally Posted by Tammy View Post
    Because evolutionary pressures within our species causes men to want fertile younger women… I don’t believe it has much at all to do with peoples characters, it’s just how we evolved. From an evolutionary standpoint, I’ve become invisible since going through menopause. I don’t even care - andThat’s probably another evolutionary thing, so that I can be a better grandma and cause my genes to live for thousands of years because my grandkids are protected from early death.
    Nature is a cold hearted companion.

I am 39 now, and not the horn dog I once was. Nature drops men's T over the years. I can tell the difference to a degree. 39 is way different than 19!

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    I can tell almost immediately why a woman is single when I read her profile.
    I want to know what kind of things you see in profiles, for both men and women, that show why they are single.
    Elaborate. Also, what would we see in YOUR profile?

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I want to know what kind of things you see in profiles, for both men and women, that show why they are single.
    Elaborate. Also, what would we see in YOUR profile?
    I have only ever seen a handful of men's profiles. These have been gay men looking for str8 men. I politely decline and then block them if they persist (which several of them have done).

As for women's profiles I can tell why they are single because of things in their pictures:
    -Multiple cats (crazy cat ladies)
    -Multiple fru-fru dogs (if he dogs are high maintenance then she is too)
    -Every picture is an enhanced selfie (she is a narcissist)
    -Every picture is at a bar and she is getting schmammered; the caption says: "Just your typical Tuesday!"
    -Extremely overweight and/or unhealthy appearance; SSBBWs are not what most men are looking for.

Or things they say in their profiles:
    -Workaholics ("I work long hours and have not had time for a relationship, but after I turned 40 I decided to clear 3 hours on Saturday mornings for a relationship with a special someone")
    -Bad single moms ("I have four kids and they are my world! They always come first, so you better love kids and have a good job, your own car, and own your own home so we can move in!"
    -Bitter women: "I am sick of these no good, low down thugs/losers/big baby-men who be cheatin' on me, eating all my food, expeckin' me pay they cell phone billz!"
    -Women with wedding bells in their ears: They list their age as 39 and say: "I want to be married before I turn 40!"

I could go on and on.

In my profile you'd see my pictures:
    I usually have 4-5 pics. One is me fishing, another is me with friends, another couple photos are from trips I made (Uruguay, or whatever). I usually have one of Harlan too, or Harlan and I.
    I believe in truth in advertising. So I want the pics to be recent and accurate.

I list off some books I like, films I like, music like. You know, Vonnegut, Hesse, Achebe. Idiocracy, God is Brazilian, Happy Happy, Leap Year, Bokeh. P-Funk, AC/DC, Waylon Jennings, Van Halen, Joni.

I talk a bit about my lifestyle -- being a minimalist, aspiring froog, reading books like a fiend, going fishing.

I also explain that I am looking for a life partner, something long term and meaningful.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Also, what would we see in YOUR profile?
    I will say there are probably a few things that turn women away immediately on my profile. I doubt any of things is correspondingly bad as I noted, but here would be my best guess for immediate turn-offs:
    -I am 5'9", roughly average height. Most women state they strongly prefer men 6' or taller
    -I am almost 200 lbs. So women who want a ripped hardbody ought to look somewhere else
    -I am divorced, and for some women this is a no-go
    -I have a dog; some women don't like dogs (to hell with them! lol)
    -Fishing pic; animal rights types don't like this
    -Minimalism: Nuff said.
    -I am openly a quirky weirdo. So most normies click away ASAP.

I have high maintenance fru-fru dogs but I am not high maintenance. I just love the breed. So making that jump is silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    I have high maintenance fru-fru dogs but I am not high maintenance. I just love the breed. So making that jump is silly.
    You might not be the best judge of your own maintenance levels.

Men think I am too. I have allergies and asthma and Maltese is one of the few breeds that I am not allergic too. Plus they are small, cute and needy all of which I like. I don’t get manicures, pedicures, buy fancy clothes, etc.

Thread Information