Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Romance Scammers......

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    It looks like you will have some protesting to do now instead. I saw more police brutality in Mesa, Arizona on tonight's news.
    I didn't want to bring this up, Yppej, as I've gone on and on and on about the topic of police brutality for some time now, and you'all know my take on this topic by now. Suffice it to say, we activists of the 85006 are on it with activists of two other inner city zip codes. And that's enough of that........Rob

An acquaintance of mine, a woman, said she was recently catfished. She gave the guy her last name and address before they even talked on the phone.

In my initial survey of the online dating world, it seems dominated by two extremes:

1) People looking for quick encounters
    2) People looking for life partners

The middle ground I was hoping to find - people who just want to chat/hang out/do fun stuff, be friends before thinking about other stuff - seems lacking.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    In my initial survey of the online dating world, it seems dominated by two extremes:

The middle ground I was hoping to find - people who just want to chat/hang out/do fun stuff, be friends before thinking about other stuff - seems lacking.

OkCupid has a fair amount of asexual people looking for just that. And you can search by sexuality, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post

I can tell almost immediately why a woman is single when I read her profile.

I also suspect that women can just as rapidly tell why most of the men on dating sites are single just by glancing at profiles.

Bae, if you are looking at online dating sites you were not as blind sighted as you think. Usually people need more time to grieve but intuitively you saw it coming whether your brain did or not.

The last guy who declared his unconditional love for me within about two weeks time after we met wanted to move in immediately and share my life. He has eyes for no other. I got all giddy and went for it.

He now sleeps in my bed every night. DH doesnt mind our love fest, he just minds the snoring. Bulldogs snore a lot.

You are just a softee.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    The last guy who declared his unconditional love for me within about two weeks time after we met wanted to move in immediately and share my life. He has eyes for no other. I got all giddy and went for it.

He now sleeps in my bed every night. DH doesnt mind our love fest, he just minds the snoring. Bulldogs snore a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Bae, if you are looking at online dating sites you were not as blind sighted as you think. Usually people need more time to grieve but intuitively you saw it coming whether your brain did or not.
    I disagree. Doing a little window shopping does not mean he is really ready for something. It could also just be curiosity about online dating or who is out there. That sort of thing.

Also, online dating can be very off-putting. Sometimes and/or for some people, looking through online dating profiles is an excellent way to prevent yourself from dating too soon.

When you see the kind of people out there you think: "Yeah, flying solo is not so bad."

Thread Information