Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Student Loan Kings

Student Loan Kings

Yppej:

I created a thread where you are free to rail endlessly against student loan kings like me.

Let me get you started.

We're a bunch of elitist, bloated, self-absorbed, over-educated liberals who live off the backs of the working poor who we force to forgive us our loans for our masters' degrees in underwater basket weaving!

-UL

Yppej
    I already beat you to it by creating a thread called Regression in Public Policy.

And surely a liberal like you should call this Student Loan Monarchs so as not to exclude women. You wouldn't want double standards would you (like objecting to the polyandrous behavior of women in your atheist groups while engaging in polygamous behavior while you were married).

I am attaching some pics so you can see my life of luxury! Don't get too jealous!

IMG_1615.jpg
    This was all my stuff (minus my car) when I moved into my own apartment in May 2016 (before that I was living with house mates). Even today I have little more than this. I did buy some more cookware and a love seat, for instance.

IMG_1663.jpg
    This is my kitchen! Oh, the affluence!

IMG_1665.jpg
    This is my in-home recreation facility! Spare no expense!

IMG_1696.jpg
    This is my bedroom, where the magic happens!

IMG_1666.jpg
    This is where my maid does my laundry.

And check out my hot rod sports car!
    IMG_1525.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post

We're a bunch of elitist, bloated, self-absorbed, over-educated liberals who live off the backs of the working poor who we force to forgive us our loans for our masters' degrees in underwater basket weaving!

-UL
    When the alien overlords start demanding underwater baskets on pain of extinction, Yppej is going to feel very foolish.

Hey as someone with a degree in Recreation I take a bit of offense at the "underwater basket weaving" comment! That was always a tired joke when in college in the mid-80's and people started making fun of us "recreators". We had a class where we took turns teaching activities to some of the "sports medicine" students across the hall. I actually got permission to use the pool to teach basket weaving because you do have to keep the fiber wet in order to weave! Everyone about died laughing and I got extra points for creativity.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Yppej
    UL your kitchen is a lot nicer than mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    UL your kitchen is a lot nicer than mine.
    Prove it.

Yppej
    My countertops have gouges on the edges, cabinet doors are missing, etc. It has not been updated since 1950.

I think my kitchen is nicer AND BIGGER, but while it's bigger is likely true, the nicer part is subjective (my building is probably 50s era so it's a different style than this more modern stuff, a different style which I prefer). Really apartments are apartments pretty much. I was going to say I'm lucky I have two laundries and two dryers! But they are shared for the whole apartment building not just mine.
    Trees don't grow on money

Thread Information