I had my weekly extra check in for my improvement plan, and I didn't tear up this time!! That is quite an accomplishment, I chose a more open space for us to meet in this time. I had to take a break from training my summer staff and couldn't afford the typical meeting where I end up emotional.

I am still in the crazy zone of contradictory messages. OMG, I really miss my friend who left and talked to me about all of this. Right now I am struggling with not everyone paying for their clubs! I asked for support on this starting in fall, months before I started them. Today was just classic, he kept saying that since I had been in my role 8 years I should have known exactly how to do this. I reminded him that I had only done grant programming. He seemed so confused, but this is what I was explaining to him in November so I could get some help. I focused on what I had learned so that I could create policies for next year, and I need to write them now. So he questioned if I really needed policies. Dude! Yes I need policies, so we had a conversation about what policies I am considering, what is the definition of a policy instead of a guideline, etc.

So I am not supposed to make any decisions in my job but I also teach him the basics over and over. Just kinda how it goes.