Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: White men

All the companion animals I have had, or known, have had unique personalities. I'm convinced their souls are as timeless as ours.

Add me to the voices of those who don't think the TSA guy had it in for Ultralight, particularly. I heard once that one out of three people dislikes you on sight. I think that's an exaggeration, but UL's friend may have reminded him of an ex or something.

Yes animals are all different just like us. Most Maltese are really sweet but Cassie was a grump when we got her at 6 months. Very alpha and very much my dog. However, she figured out fast that if she wanted to travel she had to be sweet and she was always nice on trips. At home she was a terror jumping on a deaf dogs head when she was sleeping, nipping the 80lb husky/Shepherd mix, growling the big guy away from food, etc. She was the boss. She was totally devoted to me and wow what a hole she left when she passed because her condition was under control with meds so her passing was sudden and unexpected. I still had to put her to sleep but she was in pain screaming so it was an easy decision.

As much as I miss my departed cats, I don't miss the pain and heartache part. RIP feisty Cassie.

Thanks Jane. actually we lost 2 within 2 months last year and our big guy is 13 and 1maltese is 14. That is why last year I got a baby for the first time in a very long time because I needed a break from dying.

Just as our last cat was easing into very old age (she is 16 and incredibly FAt)
    I ended ip with another “foster”cat. My friend’s daughter is mentally ill and is scattering household goods, boyfriend and fiance, pets and children all over.

The least I could do was take one of her cats “temporarily” when she asked me. When I accepted that responsibility I told myself there is a better than 50% chance this cat becomes my cat. That is proving to be the case. This is not the cat I woild have chosen for myself if choosing a cat because she is just a year old, she will outlive me. But I can only do what
    I can do. Otherwise, she is a funny little cat and we enjoy her.

That is great IL! We have rescued many a old dog when no longer wanted but that has come to a end. No more then 2 anymore. Too much work and too much $. How many dogs do you have left? Right now Mandy plays with Max 4-5x's/day. We will get him a buddy when she goes but the buddy must be young enough to want to play so thinking maybe 5 or 6 yo would be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    That is great IL! We have rescued many a old dog when no longer wanted but that has come to a end. No more then 2 anymore. Too much work and too much $. How many dogs do you have left? Right now Mandy plays with Max 4-5x's/day. We will get him a buddy when she goes but the buddy must be young enough to want to play so thinking maybe 5 or 6 yo would be good.
    As far as dogs go, we have an 8.5 year old and an 11 year old. But I dont consider them the end of the bulldog train. Bulldogs dont last a long time and we always get them when they are fully adult anyway.

I was looking forward to a respire from litter boxes with cats. Cats live 20 years.oh well.

Cats do live a long time. One of my Maltese lived to 20. She was a puppy mill breeder that we got at 10. Every year she seemed to get happier and younger. My friend said she was Benjamin Button and never going to die.

Ultralight, on another thread you spoke about how you have $170,000 of student debt and complained about it and how you hope to get relief (transferring the obligation to those of us who honor our debts and pay taxes), and here you speak of an experience of flying. If you can afford to pay for flights, you can afford to pay your student loans in full.

Quote Originally Posted by San Onofre Guy View Post
    Ultralight, on another thread you spoke about how you have $170,000 of student debt and complained about it and how you hope to get relief (transferring the obligation to those of us who honor our debts and pay taxes), and here you speak of an experience of flying. If you can afford to pay for flights, you can afford to pay your student loans in full.
    Do you know how much flights cost?

Thread Information