Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: White men

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    What? A better question is who. And the answer is our government.
    Only if we let them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    I would say my ladyfriend got the brunt of this inappropriate and ignorant comment, and I would also say there is sexism in there too.
    Yup, that was definitely unprofessional behaviour on the part of the TSA agent. A bit creepy, and considering the power dynamic, creepier.

But was I the victim of a small act of racism or even both racism and sexism?
    Well, he didn't detain you, search you, or insult you. It seems by your description that he basically just waved you through. (And then perved on your companion.)

You are reading some disdain in his body language which you are attributing perhaps to a disapproval of your relationship, but that's hard to pin down, other than to perceive it as a microaggression of sorts, though you have no way of knowing what was going through his mind - maybe he didn't like your clothing, your hairstyle, your age, your accent, your odor, or maybe he just didn't want to deal with a couple, or had hoped that your companion was on her own and a more fruitful target for his upcoming perving.

Thread Information