Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Suicide rates are up 30 percent since 1999, CDC says

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    Suicide is, and has for a long time been, a primarily white male issue.
    Interestingly, I have two friends (although not really close friends) who have lost an immediate family member to suicide. Both of the suicides were young women and they each had a daughter. One was a friend's sister, and the other was a friend's daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Catherine, you are so right. That is one reason I decided not to continue doing therapy because other people’s intense pain is horrible. A very complicated problem with no easy answers.
    I understand suicie when there is unrelenting pain and physical breakdown, and I suppose heavy depression meets that criteria.

But you may be right about young people. Their view of time is so different than those of us at the other end of the life spectrum. For them “now” seems like forever and if they are desperately unhappy, that seems like a life sentence of unhappiness to them.

To me, “now” seems like a fleeting thing.

Yes now at this stage of my life time is short and I want as much as I can get provided of course that I am not in horrible pain, etc. When young time seems to move at a snails pace

Thread Information