Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pizza delivery man. What don’t I understand?

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar

Pizza delivery man. What don’t I understand?

So guy delivers pizza to military base. No license and ends up being in ICE custody for ignoring previous deportation order from 2010. In the meantime has kids and is working. NYC judge blocks deportation. Did the guard do the right thing to report? What about the judge ? Mind you each case like this cost taxpayer money that could be going to schools or infrastructure.

Whether you love or hate Trump I believe this is one of the big issues that got him elected
    Why reward someone who did not obey a previous deportation order? Others that obeyed the order to deport are not being rewarded. Why did a pizza delivery place not be sure he had a license?

Legal immigration can be a very good thing for a country. But even being far more liberal than many posters here I am just not getting this case.
    There are 65,000,000 refugees worldwide. Do we just help people who sneak in illegally since we cannot help everyone.

Yppej
    There are fake IDs out there, so the employer should check with the registry to make sure any "license" is valid.

Yes, the guard did the right thing. And if the judge is thinking of the children I can understand that decision.

The illegal was willing to risk it for a better life, which depending where he's from (gang infested Central America?) I might have done too. Msybe he shouldn't have had kids, but that is a strong human desire.

I'm not seeing any bad guys here, just fallible humans.

Crack down on criminals entering the country, deport or jail those who commit crimes while here. Issue green cards to everyone else. As I pointed out in an earlier post, our population is declining--and undocumented immigrants are the very least of our problems. The cruelty of our government and its gestapo arm, ICE, is disgusting.

Williamsmith
    Those pizza delivery jobs are much too valuable to be squandered on illegals. No wonder grandma can’t find a job.

The judge did the right thing and I am sickened that we are separating kids from parents and putting them in cages.

It seems more or less impossible to discuss illegal immigration rationally in this country. Some of us can't even bring themselves to say the words.

Perhaps because of our history and relative attractiveness, immigration management, much like public education, seems to be one of those things we can't do as well as other countries no matter how many resources we commit to it.

Australia grants special work visas to do jobs the locals don’t want to do and no need for people to sneak in.

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Australia grants special work visas to do jobs the locals don’t want to do and no need for people to sneak in.
    Maybe easier for them as they do not share a land border with any other country.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    That seems like the rational approach, doesn't it.

My half sister lives there and it works great. Also after a number of years they are eligible for citizenship.

Thread Information