Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Pizza delivery man. What don’t I understand?

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Saying something is different than doing something, and the concept has never really been tested so there's arguments to be made pro and con. If/when he tries, that's when it will all be sorted out.
    I appreciate your trust that it will all work out. Personally i worry that the republican politicians will hesitate to fulfill their promised oath to support the constitution considering the fact that 33% of the voters seem willing to believe anything the president says. So far they have seened to be sjirting the conversation. Maybe you’re right that suddenly they’ll take responsibility.

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I'm not your enemy, but you don't know that.
    i don’t think you are my enemy at all. I do think it will all work out for some people but not for others. It certainly isn’t working out as planned for parents who have lost their children in school shootings, or from people who have lost or face skyrocketing premiums in their healthcare (where is that pesky replacement to the ACA we have been hearing about for what 9 years now). Or for our allies (and ultimately US citizens) who will at least think twice about entering any alliances and deals with us. Or for our raging opioid crisis and homelessness. Or for people who have no pensions and regardless of how hard they try will not be able to prevent poverty in old age. It certainly is not working out well for a sizable number of good and honest hardworking people and I see no hope on the horizon that it will. I see few solutions being offered.

I totally agree Flowers. Alan, just because you disagree with someone doesn’t make them your enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    I totally agree Flowers. Alan, just because you disagree with someone doesn’t make them your enemy.
    Terry, I agree completely, and I wish we could all remember this and treat each other with civility and respect here. We can discuss things without resorting to rudeness, and it is good to have a place where we can communicate with civility.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Terry, I agree completely, and I wish we could all remember this and treat each other with civility and respect here. We can discuss things without resorting to rudeness, and it is good to have a place where we can communicate with civility.
    Was Alan rude in his last comment? I dont see it.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    That seems like the rational approach, doesn't it.
    you do know that this country, the one you live in, does that as well, right?

No Alan was not rude. I think she was talking about the general public.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    you do know that this country, the one you live in, does that as well, right?
    Green cards aren't easy to get and Trump has promised to make them even more difficult. I guess not enough Norwegians were applying.
    https://abcnews.go.com/Business/story?id=87996&page=1

I think it's time we thanked France for the sentiment and retired the Statue of Liberty--it's clearly no longer relevant.

Actually Jane she is sobbing.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Actually Jane she is sobbing.
    She's not the only one.

Thread Information