Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Howdy from OK

The cabin sounds awesome, Float. A great getaway place. The hubby's grandpa had a system, if I understand his explaining, where a large barreled pvc type-ish tube that was fed water from a hydrant, painted black, and was gravity fed, said it was almost continuous really warm water. I can't imagine the logistics in my head yet, but it sounded pretty sweet. I still have a solar bag in my camping gear and have yet to use it, but will probably try it out soon.

I hear ya, Terry, finding a place where you aren't tripping over those doggy bowls is a must! haha Since your space is limited, do you find yourself outside more often?

We don’t live in our RV but just use it for trips. We are never in it during the day. We are off seeing stuff.

Ahhh, gotcha Terry.

Well, I think we may have found an RV. It belongs to my sis's father-in-law, who happens to love me. Little back story: my sis and bro-in-law have an rv dealership, high end niche RV's, specifically DRV's. My bro-in-law's dad traded this 5th wheel in for a new DRV model a few years back, and it has been at their dealership since then. He has entertained the idea of selling it for a while, but hasn't. Bro-in-law has been way to busy to fix the few things on it, so it has been on their back lot. When my hubby saw the bro-in-law at work yesterday he asked about it, to which the bro-in-law said we could probably get it for 5k, since it was me he'd be selling it to, worth more. My sis has a few other RV's that are newer and better, but cost more, one 10k, another 15k. We went to look at the 5k and the 15k on hubby's lunch break yesterday, the 10k one won't be coming in as a trade-in for another week.

On to the 5k RV, the one I am leaning more toward. It's a 36ft 5th wheel. Has 3 slides, one in the bedroom, and 2 bigger ones that are across each other in the living area, extending the space a lot. Residential size fridge, 3 burner stove w oven, decent counter space, entertainment center w fireplace, pull out sofa bed, potty closet, large corner shower w small garden tub, stackable washer/dryer, decent closet space in bedroom w lots of drawers, and one of those high dollar mattresses, what they call the garage basement under the bedroom has a large durable slide for tools n such. It's equipped for generator although it's not included, the wiring is already set up. For sure we know the main A/C needs repaired. It was winterized, but would have to check plumbing and such. Otherwise, some cleaning. Bonus: bro-in-law is certified RV mechanic, and will deliver and setup. Hubby also worked there for a little while, so has experience fixing things on rv's as well. This one is not a DRV brand, it's a Montana brand. I think the DRV's are better insulated for 4 season weather, we have to take that into consideration.

I've been keeping my eye open for other rv's. Either they're crap, the setup is bad, no storage, or they are way out of my price range. This is like the best deal around. It's in no hurry to go anywhere, and I can get it at a lower price. Come mid-August I should have enough to buy it. Now, just need to get on to finishing the road. And figure out how much I should ask for selling this place, and whether I should include furnishings or not. What I would love is if someone was looking to buy mostly furnished. Heck, lots of oilfield businesses hiring around here, it's possible.

Anyways, there's the update so far.

Thread Information