*waves*

Have been a reader for years, can't see any of my older posts, so thought I would re-introduce myself.

Trying to get to simple living sometimes is not so simple. Working towards that. Have downsized, upsized, downsized and went everywhere in between. Tired of it. I want simple. Less stuff, less needs, less wants. I want to be comfortable with what I have and stop the hunting for bigger and better.

Looking back I've never been so stressed and scared as when I had what appeared to be a pretty sweet life: dual-income-grown-kid with a too-big new house full of high end stuff. Lead to excessive drinking and addiction. Cancer and hubby passed. Struggling and hitting bottom. More than once. Lessons learned, good and bad. Lived out of my van while searching for meaning. Digging my way through life. Have been in big debt and completely debt free. Am back to school in my 40's. Became a grandma. Was widowed for 5 years before taking the marriage plunge again, gained a stepson (so different than my girl!).

Life is stressful, and I want simplicity. Maybe I'm just getting old.

Aiming to move out to family land in a few months. Getting away from mortgages and rent. Would really like to get away from utilities, but yeah, too expensive upfront, maybe eventually. Stepson about to be off to college, so entertaining idea of going semi-tiny. I want to garden even though I've always had a black thumb. What we want is just our little piece of land in this world, away from the noise, be able to get by decent on one not-stressful income, and get our time back. Enjoy the birds singing again.

Anyway... "Hi"