Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Unseemly food indulgences

Unseemly food indulgences

I was talking to a coworker today about worst indulgences we'd enjoyed in our higher metabolized youth.

I said I used to eat a stack of pancakes (you all know my weakness for those) with a pile of pork breakfast sausages. I'd make "pig in a blanket" and smother it all in honey or maple syrup.

She said she'd pound a big bag of skittles. haha

What about you all? Anything you are almost ashamed to say you used to shovel in your mouths? haha

I made a Turducken for Thanksgiving in 1988, straight from Paul Prudhomme's cookbook.

It fed 16 people. The first day. There was so much left over we had Thanksgiving 2.0 the next day. 16 more people.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    I made a Turducken for Thanksgiving in 1988, straight from Paul Prudhomme's cookbook.

It fed 16 people. The first day. There was so much left over we had Thanksgiving 2.0 the next day. 16 more people.
    Dude! If there are pics, please post one. Sounds like one hell of an indulgence! Wow!

Oh, you mean like the blue box of macaroni and cheese that is not a single serving box?
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

When I was a kid my cousin and I used to make “sandwiches” by layering miracle whip and kraft “American” cheese slices between white wonder bread. My mother actually thought that was healthier than cookies!

truthfully I never had a high metabolism youth, I could ALWAYS gain weight - as a teen, in my 20s, etc.. Probably one reason why I was vegetarian by 21 because I lost weight being vegetarian (although I'm not vegetarian now, but I try for healthy). But for all that, my weight peaks out and never becomes very overweight (see maybe we do have a set point and I guess I can't complain too much about it), highest EVER was about age 20 before I did the vegetarian stint, but it's never that much since as i never really went back to junk food, but still ups and downs. I'm not perfect in healthy eating now, I try for mostly healthy.

I used to drink several cokes a day as a teenager and eat fast food then too. My bladder can't take the cokes anymore without pain (ok it didn't very well then either). Ah all the other things I ate as a teenager, giant brownies from the donut shop, for that matter apple fritters from there too.

In my 20s I was addicted to the starbucks latte (ok the small size). I had the frapachino sometimes too. No nervous system can't take that caffeine load anymore (barely did then), it's tea for me now.
    Last edited by ApatheticNoMore; 6-12-18 at 3:33am.
    Trees don't grow on money

1 pound bag of plain M&M with a bottle of Cold Duck. Ahhh.... those were the days!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by SteveinMN View Post
    Oh, you mean like the blue box of macaroni and cheese that is not a single serving box?
    Yum!

Back in the 90s Micky Dees had the "double big mac meal." I'd supersize it and get an orange soda too. And here is the most unseemly part: I would get several hot mustard packages (the kind usually for dipping mcnuggets). I'd dip the fries in there and each bite of big mac too. This was probably a twice a week meal.

Thread Information