Thread: So I can't talk to my outside providers now

So I can't talk to my outside providers now

OMFG, I am looking over the notes from my meeting with my supervisor last Wednesday. My work bestie has moved on so I need my 5 minutes of vent to move on. Especially when I am working so hard this week.

It says that I talked to one of my outside providers about how they do their parent paid programming. I am not supposed to ask them about their practices, instead I am supposed to talk to my supervisor. I have been ASKING since OCTOBER!!! Then he put in that as an experienced PS I should already know this, despite my long explanation of how I have been GRANT FUNDED for 5 years. That means I do not collect money and in fact I was not allowed to charge money. That was not included in the notes, and I spent a lot of time trying to explain this. So this is just so F-ed up, I cant discuss with someone for advice, I am not getting answers and then I am responsible and don't need any answers from him anyway.

Okay got it out of my system, I am repeating over and over that I wish him no harm to mitigate my feelings that I want him to just go away.

Yppej
    Every organization should benchmark against other organizations to develop best practices. Where did the find this supervisor? Dictators R Us?

Is this issue of grant vs $$ in any of your previous emails? Since you send him all of them, he should have the info and you can decide whether you want to take the time to respond with the clarification in writing. BUT - what would it get you to respond? Would his supervisor get the info? Would he just call you insubordinate again?

I would want to be comfortable enough to clearly say something like "I am an experienced PS but for the last 5 years it was all in totally "grant funded" programming. We did not collect money and we were not allowed to charge money. This process is totally new to this position and is a carefully controlled issue since it deals with money and accounting requirements. I was collaborating with someone more experienced to gather information. I have not been able to secure this information and assistance internally."

ps: It just makes me sad that you have to experience this. So unnecessary to the running of a good organization.
    Last edited by sweetana3; 6-13-18 at 8:53am.

Thank you, just needed to vent it out. Then today with my new sup for summer and how messed up that is I had a moment where I thought it was all just me. You guys just hear my side of the story after all.

My new sup was out as I was trying to get all the moving parts in the right places, he likes to walk through systems over and over again. And then point out how I don't have certain signage up or other details. I know he is trying to help me set it up so that everything runs on its own more and I am not constantly interrupted, however right now that is not the case for many, many reasons. At the end I talked it over with him and another person and just said that I walked into a plan that I would never have created and it is really difficult to make work.

So I called my old supervisor and she said that camps all over (the ones working with tutoring) are a mess. It is really a huge problem for many sites, that is why they pulled my assistant for 3 days and now I am crazy over that. I wasn't just calling to complain however and we talked about a lot of things. Guess what! Some of the things he has told me are just wrong. Like how we can only take debit card payments, no checks. Well that is a big part of why I didn't collect all the money. The payment system was glitchy so I wanted to take checks so that we did not get behind. Apparently the rest of the department takes checks and in some special cases cash. AND there is no general policy about all the questions I have had but it is encouraged to talk to our partners about working things out.

Thread Information