Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: He's not worthy of power.....

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar

He's not worthy of power.....

After the Helsinki summit (interestingly enough held in a very socially democratic country with extensive social welfare that Americans can only bitterly dream of as our lives are clearly not worth this) I, and many people I've spoken to in the 85006 since the end of this infamous summit, believe that Trump now truly has proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that he is both unfit for office (Hillary was right!!!!!) and absolutely unworthy of power.

I understand that we are stuck with him, barring unforeseen events, but I wish there was a way that the 85006 could be immune from his governance for real. It's great to say that Trump is not my President, and it's great to be a member of the Resistance, but I wish there were some legal way that the 85006 (and any other US zip code that wishes for such, too, I don't mean to put the 85006 on a pedestal here) could be immune from his governance period until such a date as a leader worthy of power were to be sworn in. The 85006 deserves better, as do many other Americans, as does the world at large. Rob

We all deserve better. In my more optimistic moments, I believe some day we will be more like Finland and other civilized countries. Unfortunately, I won't be here to enjoy the change.

My take is that the US does not have a President at this point in time. Sure, there's a person who lives in the White House and has a nominal claim to the office, but in terms of how a President should act, how a President should run the country, we simply don't have one.

I am just so sick of the lies. The lies told by the person who thinks he is President, and those around him who are too scared to tell the truth.

We can only hope that the country doesn't fall apart in the next two years, and that 2020 brings some sanity back to the White House.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Cellaneous View Post
    My take is that the US does not have a President at this point in time. Sure, there's a person who lives in the White House and has a nominal claim to the office, but in terms of how a President should act, how a President should run the country, we simply don't have one.

I am just so sick of the lies. The lies told by the person who thinks he is President, and those around him who are too scared to tell the truth.

We can only hope that the country doesn't fall apart in the next two years, and that 2020 brings some sanity back to the White House.
    “The person who thinks he is President?”

well, he IS the President of the United States.

What an odd idea.

Or we can hope that the Mueller investigation shows that 1) he was fully aware of how his campaign was working with Russia and that he encouraged it, and 2) just how wildly in debt he is to russia, on a level that finally forces house republicans to do their damn job. It will have to be incredibly bad for those cowards to act, but more and more it's looking like it really IS that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Or we can hope that the Mueller investigation shows that 1) he was fully aware of how his campaign was working with Russia and that he encouraged it, and 2) just how wildly in debt he is to russia, on a level that finally forces house republicans to do their damn job. It will have to be incredibly bad for those cowards to act, but more and more it's looking like it really IS that bad.
    Surely that would have leaked by now if the evidence was available.

This nightmare can’t end soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    Surely that would have leaked by now if the evidence was available.
    Not necessarily. Mueller is a professional, not a politician.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    This nightmare can’t end soon enough.
    Plus about a trillion. I could not agree more TT and Thank You for this hope-giving post. Rob

I agree that Mueller is a professional and can’t wait to see what his investigation uncovers.

Thread Information