Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump, Putin, US, Russia....

Trump, Putin, US, Russia....

So.......

What do y'all think about this summit and press conference?

I've never seen anything quite like it myself.

I admit that in my Vermont hermit state I have not paid that much attention, but it seems it was a press conference only Jaranka and Donald Jr could love. Certainly didn't bolster support in his own party.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Just when you think he can not possibly be more of a moron he reaches a new low. Unbelievable!

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Gotta confess that I've been out of the 85006 and out of town for two days and have just returned. I was (mostly) unplugged from the mainstream media and the Internet and I didn't even bother with the newspaper......so I'm not up to speed on this one and I'm wondering will I just get all riled up if I find out what you'all are speaking of? I'll think about getting up to speed, though I'm wondering with Mr. Trump if sometimes you are just better off not knowing...….Rob

He rounds off his trip--after insulting our allies on tape, then denying it, carping about the cost of NATO, boasting about telling Teresa May how to handle Brexit, and treating the Queen like some minor annoyance--by fawning over Putin and publicly disparaging our intelligence community. A real tour de force. I thought the idea that he could publicly shoot someone and get away with it was hyperbole, but clearly he has the Russian GRU behind him and he's untouchable. All those little suckups in Congress are probably afraid if they stand up to him they'll be treated to a polonium sandwich or a novichok-spiked cocktail.

If I were Mueller, or anyone involved in the investigation, I would be very, very careful.

I am aghast. Sticking fingers (or more accurately, throwing Starburst candies) at our allies, and sucking up to dictators. Throwing your own country under the bus. Believing someone who executes his enemies over your own intelligence. Shameful and traitorous imo. I understand why people voted for him, but I can't understand anyone who still supports this guy.

Malcolm Nance, a (Republican) retired cryptologist and foreign policy analyst who's written a couple of ominous books on the subject of Russian hacking and the ongoing assault on our system of government opines that time is running out to set this right. He says he's genuinely afraid of the outcome. And he doesn't strike me as a cowardly man.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by herbgeek View Post
    I am aghast. Sticking fingers (or more accurately, throwing Starburst candies) at our allies, and sucking up to dictators. Throwing your own country under the bus. Believing someone who executes his enemies over your own intelligence. Shameful and traitorous imo. I understand why people voted for him, but I can't understand anyone who still supports this guy.
    I've been speaking to folks on my phone tree since my above post and apparently Mr. Trump has created quite the stir in the 85006 with his trip to Britain (due to his behaviors there - I understand he pushed and muscled his way into sitting in Winston Churchill's armchair in a disrespectful pose? If it's true I'm aghast due to the lack of respect for an ally that has enough respect for human life that it's citizens are worth access to socialized medicine, no fleeing to another country necessary as so many in America are forced to just so the wealthy can hoard yet more wealth) and due to his summit with Putin.

Honestly, as I've said many times before, there was hardly any support for Trump in the 85006 and this continues to be true......and what's really uplifting is that when I'm on the bus going to and from work (I work in another zip code, just to be clear) I hear others bashing Trump beyond my neighborhood. This gives me some hope for 2020....maybe the downward slide can't be reversed and America and the bulk of it's people will be victims of the Trump Presidency for years, but at least maybe in 2020 it can be halted and maybe if enough Democrats are elected this Fall the slide can be slowed...….let's hope so, anyway.

The New Yorker ran a long article recently making suggested connections between strange situations based on information publicly shared to date. The Trump-Putin meeting and end result was almost predictable. Anyone else read the New Yorker article?
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Yppej
    I am not feeling more outrage than normal, because it is not shocking to me that Trump would say these things, given previous comments of his.

Thread Information