Thread: Internet Friends

Internet Friends

So I was thinking that not all my friends share my political beliefs and neither does my DH who I dearly love. I discuss this with other like minded individuals. I was thinking about how much I like and admire people like IL , Alan and others if we stay off of certain topics. I was also thinking that if we could all meet at a barbecue what a good time we would have. So to my simple living friends if we disagree on certain topics it doesn’t mean I think you are not good people. You have as much of a right to a stong opinion as I do. I really enjoy this forum even if I get intense at times. We are all good people and I really enjoy the community.

Yeah, baby!

I enjoy hearing different opinions when rationally presented by intelligent people.

Same here!

Newly retired husband wants to watch Fox news on rainy days and INFORM me when I get home.

I nipped it in the bud last night.............

Quote Originally Posted by Tenngal View Post
    Same here!

Newly retired husband wants to watch Fox news on rainy days and INFORM me when I get home.

I nipped it in the bud last night.............
    I had a similar experience last night (every night....sigh). DH wanted to show me a photo or video of a $5000 guitar he wants. Sigh. If I show the slightest interest in even glancing at it he'll assume that means a big "YES". NO!!!!! So many needs on the list before a $5000 guitar. But I get that same glazed look when he wants to talk politics too. I don't want his 30 minute rant/lecture on any political subject....or guitars.

eta: I actually do enjoy his guitar or flute playing....he should stick to that with the 5 guitars and 25 flutes he currently owns.

Sorry to go off-topic. Yes, I appreciate the boards. I don't participate in strong opinion ones but I do read them and appreciate the comments from all sides.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Tennegal, we bought 2 big TV’s when DH retired. One in living room and one in the bedroom because he can be a tv hog. I only watch it at night whereas he watches a lot of daytime tv too. I love my silence when he is gone.

I also enjoy the political discussions and respect others opinions.

Sometimes it gives me something else to mull over.

Both parties make me crazy at times..............

Yes, I see us as one big family. As you suggested, families don't always agree--even spouses! Like you, my DH and I have different political beliefs, and when we're up for a fight we do it, otherwise we keep our mouths shut. Right now he's asking me "don't you think it's terrible that Trump has this historic meeting with Kim Jong Un and the media just tears him down?" Depending on how I'm feeling on any particular day I would respond in one of three different ways ("Trump's a jerk" "I'm sick of the media and glad I don't have TV up here" or "Yes, dear.")

Same thing here. I've pretty much given up on the topic of guns and abortion, but sometimes y'all guys inspire me to throw my hat in yet again. It's great fun, and even when I disagree completely with you conservatives, I love ya anyway.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Yes, I see us as one big family. As you suggested, families don't always agree--even spouses! Like you, my DH and I have different political beliefs, and when we're up for a fight we do it, otherwise we keep our mouths shut. Right now he's asking me "don't you think it's terrible that Trump has this historic meeting with Kim Jong Un and the media just tears him down?" Depending on how I'm feeling on any particular day I would respond in one of three different ways ("Trump's a jerk" "I'm sick of the media and glad I don't have TV up here" or "Yes, dear.")

Same thing here. I've pretty much given up on the topic of guns and abortion, but sometimes y'all guys inspire me to throw my hat in yet again. It's great fun, and even when I disagree completely with you conservatives, I love ya anyway.
    Once in a while you arent ery conservative, which just serves to give us hope.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Once in a while you arent ery conservative, which just serves to give us hope.
    That's true! I'm surprised you noticed!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Thread Information