Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BMI

BMI

I checked my BMI. It is 28.8 -- which means I am almost obese!

At 5'9" and 195 lbs. I am on the verge of joining America's obesity epidemic.

Here is a link to NIH's BMI calculator.
    https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/edu...MI/bmicalc.htm

Williamsmith
    Don’t let it bother you. We have the food industry to make us sick and the pharmaceutical industry to make was better. And both accept credit cards. A perfect symbiotic relationship. Between sugar and mono sodium glutamate.......you don’t stand a chance.

Do what I do.....add an inch to your height and shave off five pounds. The result run through the calculator will make you feel better about yourself and it’s easier than looking for healthy food to eat.

I am 23.3. Recently lost 8lbs. Hoping to lose maybe 10 more...

That said, I agree that neither the food industry nor the medical community have an interest in people's long term heath.

25.1, which is .2 above Normal Weight, and I eat whatever I want, whenever I want. Outside of my stunningly good looks and exceedingly rational views, just another reason for people to aspire to be me.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

22.7 ish
    Trees don't grow on money

I am far outside their envelope, in the mid-30s. And I am a bit dad-bod-ish.

I also have odd physical construction, in that most of my bones are at the 99th percentile in thickness/density due to some wacky genetic issues. I also have a fair bit of atypical muscle throwing off the calculation. At the age of 55, I just passed our mandatory agility/skills/performance exams for structural firefighting, which includes monitoring of EKG, air consumption, and some pulmonary function tests in the top 25% of our department.

Interestingly, I am “22.8” but just an inch short of “dangerous abdonimal fat” due to having no waist - I am neither an apple, an hourglass, nor a pear, more of a dented can. Also, I am currently six pounds heavier than my knee pain limit.

I'm just a smidge under 24, lots of muscle (aka peasant legs meant for pulling plows) and some good size bones (a chiropractor told me a few years ago that I'd be unlikely to have to worry about a hip fracture due to the size of the bones). And a good chunk of sweets/extra helpings/alcohol extra fat coating it all.

Before I retired I had managed to get in the obese category. Then I retired and lost 40lbs and now only overweight

I've always been an ectomorph, but my BMI is running higher than usual:22.9. Probably due to some carb cravings, including wine. Otherwise, I'm pretty accepting of my weight. During my child-raising years and up until my 50s, I was too underweight to be able to give blood. (<110). Sometimes I yearn for those years, but then again, underweight older women are not attractive. At that stage, a little "meat on the bones" goes a long way.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Thread Information