Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I want to feel good again.

Hi Jane. Yeah, I was wondering about those darned antibiotics. No wonder so many people have GI problems with all those antibiotics thrown around out there. I think my GI tract was forever wounded from all the NSAIDS and antibiotics I had in my younger years. Didn't know the NSAIDS were bad for me, until it was too late.

Very unfortunate that most docs don't even appreciate what the antibiotics can do to you. Of course, they're needed for really bad things, but not a few little sniffles.

DH and I were just talking about fecal transplants awhile ago. Very interesting.
    I used to take Calcium and magnesium every day but then my IBS turned into constipation and I stopped the Calcium. But I think I'll take at least 1 every couple of days. I eat tons of good veggies. But like I said earlier, my GI tract is having trouble with them. But I love wilted veggies, so I might just wilt things until my GI tract improves.

Funny, what seems to be good from my stomach, isn't always good for the rest of the tract and vice versa. I think my stomach is a big wuss.
    I appreciate your suggestions!

Maybe you could try fermented vegetables?

I last had antibiotics (quinolone) about 25 years ago, and I remember it taking a lot of time for my digestive tract to normalize afterwards. I'm lucky I didn't have worse problems.

I've had Cipro twice and realized how destructive it was too late. I would never use it again.

Funny that you mentioned fermented veggies. I bought a small fermenting kit last year, and hadn't used it yet, but I got it out yesterday with the hopes of starting to use it.
    I need to look up some instructions now. I got the kit on Amazon and it looks fairly simple. The idea of fermented veggies appeals to me, but I never really wanted to buy any in the store.
    Gotta just do it!
    Thanks!

Oh Cathy, being sick doesn't make you a mental case! It's just misery.
    I have faith that you'll find your way back to health.

Thanks Gardenarian!

Thread Information