Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Walked out - taking medical leave

Can i have a baguette? No rain here but sounds good.

Going to starbucks to crochet

This was my first attempt with a new steel mesh pan I bought from Chicago Metallic. The loaf is 14" long. I was kinda liberal with the egg-white wash. Bon appetit.

000_0237 (2).jpg
    Last edited by dado potato; 6-15-18 at 9:47pm. Reason: spelling

ZG, take good care, and Starbuck and crocheting sounds absolutely inspired today.

yum, a baguette with jelly and strong tea is an awesome breakfast,

crochet was good, my roomate does not seem to have a hot pad, thinking about hiking days next week when I am not having appointments.

Got a Dr appointment this week, psychiatrist July 2nd and even a counselor appointment on Tuesday! Looking at taking a hiking day or an overnight camping trip.

Nervousness is a little settling in, like is everything okay without me.

Remember the team that took over. They will handle it or should. They are supervisors and know everything. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by sweetana3 View Post
    Remember the team that took over. They will handle it or should. They are supervisors and know everything. :-)

Bwa haha, okay stopped laughing. Actually I really do trust two out of the 3, the only one who looked clueless and totally unhelpful was my regular supervisor. Best case scenario is that someone gets a f-ing wake up call.

I know that the supervisor level gave such bad reviews to their supervisors that they now have an anonymous suggestion box for feedback. I can't count on it or hold any expectations. Just need to turn off and take care of myself. I didn't eat a real lunch but I am getting some food for dinner, thought about a movie but I don't have the attention span.

OM GOSH, Zoe Girl! I am SO glad you are out of there!!

Frankly, I've been wondering what would have to happen for you to get some relief... Working for the inept manager from hell, enduring insulting communication and evaluations, crazy long hours, inadequate staffing- then add all the unknowns with this summer program that you inherited on super short notice... I am glad "the team" gets to deal with it while you rest, and I hope someone in a change capacity is involved.

Now might I suggest that you focus on your health not as the Cause,
    but as the Result of the demands of this job?

It is more than any one person can handle on an ongoing basis.
    Please be careful not to take on too much responsibility; that lets the organization off the hook, to continue the disfunction.
    Last edited by mschrisgo2; 6-15-18 at 9:21pm. Reason: spelling!

Okay, turning it off and focusing on self.

I already see that with stress level more down that I am more compassionate and caring towards others. I have contacted a few people but focused much more on them. That is how I prefer to be, when I am grounded and with energy I find it food and not draining.

Are you on protected FMLA leave? Do you have the full twelve weeks available? Or have you used some in the last year?

Thread Information