Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Walked out - taking medical leave

Interesting point about FMLA, Reyes. A quick Google search turned up this article:

https://www.verywellmind.com/the-fam...t-fmla-2584064

Might be helpful.

I am surprised you have instant FMLA. It requires physician documentation and the HR approval process followed by monitoring. I've had employees who had it approved retro for injury events.

Meanwhile, do take good care of yourself and let it go. The longer you hold on the job, the longer you delay healing rest. 12 weeks goes by in a blink!

Quote Originally Posted by Gardnr View Post
    I am surprised you have instant FMLA. It requires physician documentation and the HR approval process followed by monitoring. I've had employees who had it approved retro for injury events.

Meanwhile, do take good care of yourself and let it go. The longer you hold on the job, the longer you delay healing rest. 12 weeks goes by in a blink!
    I assumed this was an emergency health event and retro approval process woild take place.

I had a couple of people in our group out on similar circumstances on FMLA. It was retro.

I will get a case worker as part of the process, I already have multiple DR appointments. It is good that my supervisors and staff all saw what kind of shape I was in during the anxiety and break down moments. It took a couple hours to be basically functional. I was not able to finish the day or come in the next day, Honestly I have had a leave suggested by 4-5 people over the last few months. I think I would have been okay with subbing and supporting others but taking on a full site with under 2 weeks notice was too much.

I think eventually I will start to deal with either embarrassment or just the difficulty of knowing that a whole lot of people saw me not okay. I saw a colleague at comic con this weekend that I trusted enough to just say I was on medical leave and suggest what it was. She said she was super stressed and she had months to plan and a staff. So I told her when the rumors start to make up something cool, like I was skateboarding down a mountain and wiped out. Honestly I think people will know, and the ones that matter won't be judgmental.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I assumed this was an emergency health event and retro approval process woild take place.
    I was not functional that day or the following day. They asked me to immediately go into the HR system and request a leave. The HR people told me about the process, I had to call back twice because my brain was just struggling so much. I highly doubt I will get turned down, but I am doing everything I need to comply

Yppej
    My mother had a nervous breakdown and they offered her medical leave, but she chose not to take it. She was also in a high stress school setting but was a teacher.

Thread Information