Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Yank the breastfeeding baby from her mother if mom has the nerve to be seeking asylum

Yank the breastfeeding baby from her mother if mom has the nerve to be seeking asylum

Ok? Not ok? Discuss. How did we even elect a president who selected a creepy attorney general that thinks this is ok? When are reasonable republicans going to speak out about the attrocities of the current administration? I keep reading here and elsewhere, "it will all sort itself out over time...", "our constitution can withstand a lot", and on and on and on. At what point do we admit that it's effing broken and that someone needs to stand up to this f'tard?

On the other hand my stocks are up and I'm a 7 on the personal happiness scale, so I guess there's that? After all it's not my baby that's being ripped from my breast...

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    When are reasonable republicans going to speak out about the attrocities of the current administration? .
    Isn't there a bipartisan bill in the works to address the issue of ICE separating parents from their children?

Sessions may be trying to get out of Trump's doghouse by going hardline for his base.

Don't get me started.

Aren't these people refugees? Undocumented workers don't usually announce themselves at the checkpoints. Surely we had rules in place to treat refugees better than stray dogs. Emma Lazarus weeps.

As far as I'm concerned, anyone who supports these atrocities should be voted out ASAP. But I guess in an administration where "Sheriff Joe" is lionized, anything (but human decency) goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Isn't there a bipartisan bill in the works to address the issue of ICE separating parents from their children?

Sessions may be trying to get out of Trump's doghouse by going hardline for his base.
    If by bipartisan you mean 37 democrats and 2 independants.

Yes, I agree with the reporter in the white house newsroom: how can this be permitted, have we lost our humanity completely?
    Never thought Congress would have to intervene to make sure something like this would *not* happen. What's next?

Totally inhumane. I think we should put Sara’s Kids in a cage since she is defending those actions.

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    A group I was in this morning was saying the same thing. Someone piped up “they broke the law. In the US if you are a citizen and break the law your children are taken away from you so you can go to jail.” Showing up at the border and asking for Asylum is of course not the same thing, but people who want immigrants out are standing strong behind Trump and Sessions.

read the Fox News comments and stories, many many people think this is a good thing.

David stringer, AZ republican state lawmaker is being called on to resign as he said there are not enough white kids to go around.
    https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/14/polit...ion/index.html

Corey Stewart, confederate flag supporter won the Republican primary in Virginia.

this is what Trump promised to do over and over at his campaign rallies while his supporters frothed at the mouth at the prospect of making America white again. Stop immigration, deport all illegal aliens, get the Syrian refugeesout, ban all Muslims. Tent camps will be next to house everyone who was rounded up.

I think that we should commit the resources necessary to accommodate our various uninvited guests humanely until they can be given a fair hearing in accordance with our laws, not by the pathos of the stories they tell. Family groups should be admitted or deported as family groups absent crimes committed by individual members.

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    Angela Merkel is facing pushback. Read the comments and you will see how Fox Commenters feel

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2018/06...on-stance.html

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Totally inhumane. I think we should put Sara’s Kids in a cage since she is defending those actions.
    I just heard an immigration official on MSNBC provide a little perspective on the issue, here are some of the points he made. In 2015 a Federal judge ruled that children cannot be held in the same facilities as adults (their parents) for longer than 20 days. The only incoming immigrants being held in detention are those who attempt to bypass the ports of entry to the country. Due process for those adults being held typically takes longer than 20 days. From 2015 till just recently, the inability to house children and adults together resulted in many of those adults travelling with children being released without adjudication. The recent decision to stop releasing adults prior to competing due process requires children to be removed from their parents. Congress can resolve this issue by creating legislation addressing the Federal ruling.

Talking heads in the media seem to have a different slant on those points which seems to me to be political. Who should we believe?
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Thread Information